Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Keep watch on your trans fluid. a lesson learned.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezr View Post
    Well sorry to bring you two down from your dreaming...but the Grand Canyon is awfully far away both in time and space. but you want to hear something funny. Now this takes great courage for me to say cause it is embarassing but since my trans has been rebuilt it now has a 4th gear I never knew existed. Yes I do believe I always topped out in 3rd and just stayed there ....for the past 10 months I have owned it. I thought some guy had it wrong talking in a thread about a 4th gear....I thought what is he smoking...I only have a 3 speed. I never really questioned it till I just checked the manual and it talks about a "4th" gear. I wondered why it never wanted to go much past 60-65 without really pushing it. Now it hits 70 with ease. Ah ha ha ha huh huh. this sign says "I am stupid" but happy.

Glad to hear you've become fully functional......

i know this is an old thread but i was wondering i actually need to replace the transmission bolt gasket every time i check or change or add fluid? seems kind of silly will it leak if i dont replace it?

If you are talking about the drain plug gasket, no, you do not need to replace the gasket unless it is leaking. The thought is, replace it while you have it out, so that way if it does leak, you don't have to dump your trans fluid to switch it out. I like the green plastic gaskets, seem to work well, and they're cheap.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    If you are talking about the drain plug gasket, no, you do not need to replace the gasket unless it is leaking. The thought is, replace it while you have it out, so that way if it does leak, you don't have to dump your trans fluid to switch it out. I like the green plastic gaskets, seem to work well, and they're cheap.

Bart
    that's the one i was talking about - thank you