I noticed many roof racks are missing some of the rubber strips recently. Since they're not available from Isuzu or Yakima, I've been searching the internet trying to find replacements.

I obtained numerous samples of extruded rubber weatherstripping/seals and found 2 or 3 I think will work.

Looking for input: foresee any problems, issues, etc...with this idea?

Who's interested in getting some?

• For Samples 1 and 2 - Must buy a min of 75' of EACH.

• Wider sample #1 is marked "13126"

• Narrower sample #2 is marked "13120"

• Was thinking of using the wider one for BOTH top and bottom, so only have to buy one box of 75'. Would need to put some adhesive on the underside of rubber to stick to cross bar.

• For samples #1, it would be about $20 shipped, for 4 strips.

• $10 shipped for 2 strips.

• If I get enough interest in the narrower Sample #2 for the underside, I can order a roll of that (75' min). Same pricing as #1.

• Each strip will be about 36" long.

• Or buy the 3rd sample (@ $7.80/ft !) for the underside only. It can be purchased by the foot, no minimum, but much more expensive. So $25 PER STRIP

• Any suggestions for what adhesive to use?

• Anybody in the business of making this type of stuff?

• If you're interested in getting these, let me know, and which size.

• Photobucket album with many more pics: Each pic has detailed info in Description field. http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/...20roof%20rack/

1) For reference, OEMs installed. Left one is on the TOP, other is on the underside of the cross member. The track/channel is the same width on top and bottom.

2) Cross section of the TOP OEM strip:

3) Here's several of the samples I got:

4) Side view of the two samples that fit the best in the tracks.
SAMPLE 1 is the WIDER - marked "13126"
SAMPLE 2 is the NARROWER - marked "13120"

There's adhesive on the vertical part of the "neck", so it will adhere to the thin side of the metal track.

Also notice the narrower sample (for the underside) is a little more curved/domed. To secure it, might need to put some type of adhesive on the underside of the "mushroom cap" part to get it to stick to the metal bar so it wouldn't blow off.

5) Sample 3 installed on TOP: This one is VERY SNUG in the channel, might be a little difficult to slide it in place. Could use silicon spray to install it. It's slightly narrower than the top OEM. It's $7.80/foot, which is the highest in the group.

6) Sample 3 installed on UNDERSIDE: Notice it's pretty snug, even pinched a bit by the channel but could use silicon spray to install it.

7) Sample 1 in UNDERSIDE track. Notice how the long neck prevents the mushroom cap from being flush with cross member.

8) Sample 2 in UNDERSIDE track. It's the farthest away in pic. Notice how it's more arched/curved than sample #1 or the two OEMs.

9) OEMs stacked on top of Sample 1 to compare width.

10) Top view showing the OEMs and first two samples (with numbers)