Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What year should I buy?

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Originally posted by raquethomas
    Now for honesty - I love black but da*n it's hard to take care of! I'm not just talking about dirt - it shows EVERY flaw, every scratch, every swirl. I've had black cars before but they were company cars or leased cars - I didn't notice them as much. Sometimes I think the VX must have "weak" paint. It seems every time I wash it (at LEAST twice a week) I find a new blemish!
    Raquethomas,

What are you waxing your VX with? I have an Ebony and I have never had the problem you talk of.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    If you love your VX, treat it to a nice rubbing of 3M Imperial Hand Glaze once ever 6 to 12 months a year. Your VX will purr for you.

Seriously, this stuff is what the pros use to bring luster to paint. I've used it religiously on all of the cars I've owned. Each sold looking as good as new. Follow up with a good coat of quality wax. Buy a bottle and try it on just one pannel and compare with the rest of your VX. The result will amaze you.

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD

Here she is...

After 5 hours of washing, rubbing, and waxing... *sniff*

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/p_ting/VX/index.html

Looks good Paul. You should probably put a couple of engine bay shots in there...

-- Best, John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Originally posted by Anita
    Raquethomas,

What are you waxing your VX with? I have an Ebony and I have never had the problem you talk of.
    I haven't waxed it yet. Bought it in May, beaded up nicely when washed. I took it to a detail shop to get it buffed to take out the aforementioned swirl marks. When I picked it up it looked good, but as I said, it looks worse every time I wash it. I think they didn't get the swirls out, and I didn't notice because of the lighting. I use Blue Coral wash with a lamb's wool mitt, and a chamois to dry. I only use straight strokes when washing & drying, no circular motion. I'm going to take it to another detail shop and get some advice + another buff I guess.

Black is the one!

Yeah, I found one here in Seattle. Saw it and had to run out on Sunday to take a look. Did the test drive and had to buy!
    Black, 2001. Yeah, Baby!
    thanks for the help all! See ya on the road!
    Knowledge is power!

Unless you definitely have your heart set on a certain color, I say you look for the best mileage-to-price ratio... buy what you can afford with the lowest mileage. Climate control... not a huge deal, unless it is to you! 18" wheels... again, unless it makes a big difference to you, not a big deal.

Smile let's see..........what year?

I have preferred the first production year of any "classic to be" vehicle. Also it's seems logical to me that any special edition vehicles within that first year would be worth more money in the future. Thusly, I own a '99 ironman that I ordered the day after I saw the first VehiCROSS commercial. Now, there is something to be said about the limited numbers of the dragon green and foxfire red mica's out there. They too should be treated as special editions due to their rarity. But face the facts were talking about a VehiCROSS here...a rarity in itself. Buy one, take care of it, if you modify it keep the stock parts and one day we'll be old those old men and women you see driving their classic machines on a pretty sunday afternoon
    carlymac '99 IRONMAN , #0278, Hendersonville, Tn.