Last year I felt my VX was pretty spooky on ice, but part of that was getting on roads with a good "dome". I was about to slide sideways into the curb so I had to stay centered on the crest. I don't have ABS and the rear end tried to swing around on me at the slightest touch of the brakes. It was bad enough that it made me reconsider my position on fixing my ABS. Acceleration seemed fine though.

On snow, I was simply amazed and never experienced anything that could be considered surging. I drive cautiously and the only time I pukered was when I tried to stop where some ice had formed. As I became more adventurous, I got to a point where I crawled through snow that was deep enough that I left two tire ruts with a perfectly flat snowplowed area in between. (That section was about 30' long.)

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about TOD after you drive it on snow in WA. Since the VX is my first 4WD, I have nothing to compare it to other than FWD & RWD vehicles.

Oh yeah... and I found references that say the computer reads the sensors every 20 milliseconds.