Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the old VX forum?

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Unhappy Old VX Forums gone??

Yikes,

Is it my browser, or is club.vmag.com gone? I can't even pull up vmag.com. I'll cry if all that history is gone...

:wtfr: :wtfr: :wtfr:

:deadb:
    Last edited by Anita : 09/29/2003 at 02:44 PM
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I CAN'T PULL IT UP EITHER!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

I would be willing to bet they are having trouble or doing maintenance on the servers or something. Although maintenance is usually done at night. I'm sure it's OK.
    It would be a shame if all that archive is gone. That's a really good source for info. As this site continues to grow, it too will have great archives.
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

If it's not gone yet...

...Can someone get a copy and load it here? Scott...?
    NAVIGATOR

Unhappy

I just tried the VX2 forum and the Axiom forum... neither came up. I hope that it is just down for maint. or something...

It was down a few weeks ago for 3-4 days then it popped up again. Probably maintanence or server problems.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

It's back!

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    Not really... it is a replacement with an exact duplicate.. down to the very last detail...

(shrug)

Cool! I am glad its back...

It indeed is back up.. Still running kind of slow, IMO. I have begged and pleaded to get back ups on the database from Vmag.. When started .info our relationship was pretty good and the admin said that she would help us out and provide the info I needed. When it came .info came on-line, the story changed. She said that she would not be able to provide the database. I emailed her back a couple of times and have never got an answer since. I know that we could "capture" the web pages from their site but I'd have copyright issue there. Also, ther would be no integration in that method.. I'm still thinking and trying.......
    Scott / moncha.com

Unless there was some stipulation in the sign-up form that people signed their copyrights over to vmag by posting, they don't own the copyrights. Even if there was such a stipulation, the chance that is binding is pretty small since no signatures were made. Although it has been a long, long time, I seem to remember the VX board migrating to vmag once upon a time. If that is correct, then I think it is reasonable to act as if postings before vmag, at vmag and here belong to the VX community at large.

I vote for a long, slow, suck off of vmag using one of the many free crawlers out there. Do it slow enough so that it has no impact on their system's usuability, and make it random enough so that it doesn't raise any eyebrows if someone is perusing the logs, just in case they are prone to getting pissy. Even if you can eventually get it in database form, having a backup in webpage form is insurance, and webpages aren't that hard to parse with perl then output whatever this software needs to import.

Oh man, I remember the time when I joined. We were just 7 on the original BB. There was Tone, Anita and ...arrgh... Oh I remember sinned. Who else?

I don't think I was an "Original 7", but I was on there pretty early.

* Says I registered Dec. 2000*

Talking

If you want to see who the "old guard" were, check this link. It takes you to the first forum which includes those who bought their VX's in 99... (actually for a small while before that we were on Edmunds.com).

http://forums.vmag.com/suvvehic0199/

There were many of us there... it just seems there was a handful cause a some of us cant stop talkin. I wonder what ever happened to Dennis.. he was another one who really knew the VX inside and out. And oh, those fond days with Venusfly posting his poems...

;Dr;

;pr;
    Last edited by Anita : 10/02/2003 at 09:57 AM

Oh my god, the link is still working.
    We were such a small family:
    I found my first post! I was so innocent at that time... (I don't think I have changed )
    Thanks for the memories Anita!

"Posted by Michael on October 06, 1999 at 10:17:06:

Good day, I’m happy to be part of this small club.
    I bought my black VX a month ago.
    Since I have this vehicle, I’m accomplishing with enthusiasm all the errands and all the rides for my wife.
    This shows how much I like to drive the VX instead of my Corolla...

Anyway, sorry for my long comment. Here is my questions.

Does anybody know the difference of seconds in the acceleration (from 0-60) when using the “Power” button or not?

How about setting the stick on "3" instead of "D". Will it accelerate faster?

I miss driving a manual transmision though and I like to operate using the "3" and the "D" gears as a small satisfaction.

Thanks"

Yeah, I started out on that board a few days before I bought mine in 3/00. That board sure was entertaining. Remember our old friend Amojava? I think he single handedly forced the creation of the Club VMag board. LOL. That place was a riot. BTW, there was talk about how to lower a VX way back in early '00. If you've never been to that board, get over there and check it out. You'll love it!

Mark