Well, I guess it's been about a year since I had any issues, so let the good times reset and begin again. *sigh*

I noticed Saturday evening my VX was making a noise that I am not at all happy with. Sounds fine idling but once under load/throttle, it sounds like marbles or metal shavings being chucked around in a blender. It performs fine and all fluids proper. I drained the oil to check for contaminants like metal ugliness, but it was quite fine.

Considering I am S/C'd, I am pondering the possibility of bad bearings in the tensioner. There is a little play in it by wiggling by hand and it has a sort of knocking sound to it just by doing so. Under load, I can see where that dance around a bit. Anyone with a S/C, do you happen to know of a direct replacement or how to repack the existing one?

I wanna start going through the checklist of things before I start considering engine internals. It is my hope that it is NOT the engine or S/C bearings, so you can imagine my frustration at this point. I am putting it in the shop in a few weeks anyways to have my wheels rebalanced, alignment, full fluid changeout, and my new shocks put on, so if it comes down to it, I'll have them hunt over it with a fine tooth comb if I can't resolve it.