Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to Todd Adams

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Todds arch from Moab 2009
    Actually this was the VX only run in memory of Tone that we saw the arch, so we said it was Tones arch, but now Todd will have an arch too!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Todd was a good man. I am honored to have met him.

My sympathy and prayers goes out to the family and friends.

Todd, I'm a better person for having known you, but that makes your loss all the more painful.

Rest in peace.
    Last edited by MSHardeman : 09/21/2011 at 08:14 AM
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Unhappy

My only trip so far to Moab was highlighted by getting to meet Todd along with the vx crowd and experiencing my first bit of off-roading; which was helped out immensley by Todd's help and skillful guidance at getting me & my then stock VX through the tougher spots. I had hoped to meet up with him & the gang someday again @ a future Moab meet. He will sorely be missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    ... first bit of off-roading; which was helped out immensley by Todd's help and skillful guidance at getting me & my then stock VX through the tougher spots....
    If not for Todd and his expertise in spotting and guidance, I would have never been back to Moab to run trails. Elephant Hill was my first time, before they did all the paving and Todd was responsible for me getting hooked on driving off-road and doing it without tearing up my truck. I'm going to miss his narratives of the surrounding area and knowledge of nature and natural science.

Make sure leave it it better shape than when you arrived. The first time I heard that, my respect for the outdoors changed dramatically... In fact, I use that philosophy in my day to day life as well.

Good bye, my friend... NEVER forgotten
    Scott / moncha.com

I have a loss for words. My thoughts go out to the Linda and the Adams family.

I was being stubborn taking a line that I probably shouldnt have taken. After about the umpteenth try Todd said to me with a smile "I think you should take another line" . You warned me (along with others) about Gooney Bird. You helped when I thought my truck was dead broke (from said bird). Todd you sir will be truely missed. Thank you for everything Todd may you rest in peace knowing you have touched many lives.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    From Tone to Todd, another VX legend gone...RIP Sir! My condolences to your family.
    Vixer Fixer

Anyone heard anything about funeral arrangments?

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Anyone heard anything about funeral arrangments?
    I FB'd Linda about that. I would check Linda Adams Facebook page for information. Her wall is public. if I hear anything i'll post it.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I don't check in on this Forum very much but I stopped by for the group hug.

Todd taught many of us not only how to wheel the Isuzus in Moab but also taught us the Moab Tread Lightly way.

Todd will live on within those of us that learned from him!

Steve G

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    From Linda Adams 10 hours ago~~

Yes
    There is a viewing tonight and a service tomorrow. This is a link to his obituary in the Salt Lake Tribune.
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sal...&pid=153751420

Todd Adams 1950 ~ 2011
    Todd Adams passed away at the age of 61 on September 19, 2011 surrounded by his family. He was born on June 29, 1950 in Salt Lake City, Utah to Homer R. and LaGrace G. Adams.
    Todd married his high school sweetheart Linda Smith on August 5, 1969 in Salt Lake City. They had three children and shared 42 wonderful years together. He enjoyed 4-wheeling, camping, fishing, hunting, boating and spending time with his family. Todd was a very passionate advocate for open access to all land for all users. He was a member and past president of Utah 4-Wheel drive association. Member of Utah OHV Council and belonged to a number of other 4-wheel drive clubs. He was a trail leader for the Red Rock 4-wheelers during Easter Safari; Elephant hill was his favorite.
    Todd Retired from Ryder Truck after 29 years and worked for Mack-Volvo Trucks for the past 5 years as a Technician Trainer, a job he loved.
    Todd is survived by his loving wife, Linda; three children, Traci Brockmeier (Scott), J.R. Adams and Megan Adams; three grandchildren, Miranda and Devin Brockmeier and Perrin Adams; brother David Adams; many nieces and nephews, and also his multitude of friends. He was preceded in death by his parents, a niece and two of her children.
    Services will be held Friday, September 23 at 11:00 a.m. at Larkin Sunset Gardens, 1950 East 10600 South. Friends may call Thursday from 6-8 p.m. at Larkin Sunset Lawn, 2350 East 1300 South and again Friday morning one hour prior to the services at Larkin Sunset Gardens. Interment at Larkin Sunset Gardens Cemetery. In lieu of flowers donations may be made in Todd's name to any Wells Fargo Bank Branch. Online condolences at larkincares.com".

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Happy Trails, Todd...

:'(

I can't believe I didn't hear about this.

Todd was my first Spotter ever, and then led Zeuss and I up American Fork Canyon to Forest Lake. Which was my second time wheeling. You can see me in the top left of Zeus's Picture, along with Brittany.)

He bailed me out when I cross threaded my Tie Rods. He had me take it down to his school (where he was Lead Instructor over the Heavy Truck program at DATC, If I'm not mistaken). He hand filed and fixed my threads, showed me a few tricks to prevent it from happening again, and to fix it when/if it does.

I posted on here once about spare tires, and my need for a full-sized one. I got a call from Todd, He gave me a full set of Vehicross wheels and tires (16") There wasn't much tread left, but plenty as a spare. He wouldn't let me pay him anything, and said the only requirement was that I take all 4.

I'm totally bummed. Lynda and Todd are some of the nicest people I've ever met, and he will truly be missed.

Condolences to the Adams Family. RIP
    Larry S.
    99 Astral Silver VX (176k)
    91 Porsche 928 S4 (73k)

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    X2..

Quote Originally Posted by lttlbddy View Post
    I don't check in on this Forum very much but I stopped by for the group hug.

Todd taught many of us not only how to wheel the Isuzus in Moab but also taught us the Moab Tread Lightly way.

Todd will live on within those of us that learned from him!

Steve G
    .....well said.

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]