Thread: can't pull dash out, please help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

can't pull dash out, please help

Still having problem removing my dash to pull out the radio. I have taken out the 3 top screws and cant quite pull the dash out. Dont want to break any clips or anything else. Please help if you know how to do this.

Also, what's holding the readio and the cd changer in place ?

Thanks for help
    Ironman

Lightbulb More Screws to Find...

...Besides finding and removing the screws on the bottom and sides, you'll need to remove the ashtray then pull off the center console cover around the CD changer. the clips should be snug, but the sensation of breaking something means you must have missed a screw. Check every square inch around the perimeter of the dash before you start pulling.
    Last edited by Navigator : 10/02/2003 at 01:27 PM
    NAVIGATOR

Valenki, I just took mine out this weekend, and had the same concern about breakign that $100 piece of plastic - it's pretty tough though! I found it easiest to get it loose at the area at the bottom of the guages first - then I worked my way around - the hardest part was the bottom by the ashtray. As I recall, the radio and CD changer were just held in by screws that were easily accessible once you take off the dash trim panel.

If I have to take the whole dash piece out then may-be I should paint it red like the interior trim, that would be nice .....what do you guys think?

I considered painting mine a brighter silver like the VX-4, but reconsidered as I was concerned about the durability. I think if it were professionally sprayed with the elastic polymers they add for plastic pieces it would probably be OK. Seems like Rickster painted his - maybe he can chime in on how to make it last??

can you please explain step by step SPAZZ?

if it wont come out, just rip it out. then use ducktape to fix it up. now THAT's some ill ish. guido style

but seriously...taking out the dash is probably the easiest thing to do. just take out al lthe screws and crappy stuff that is under the ashtray.
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

Lightbulb Instructions

Here is a link to some instructions for removing the dash trim...

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/IZ-71-96.pdf

These instructions are for the Rodeo, but it's the same dash.

I just installed this mod - a custom fit phone bracket. I'll post pictures later.

I also have these installation tools - they really help with removing trim pieces without damage.