Thread: Advice Needed - Afraid to Turn / Rollover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Here's the deal...& this is not addressed to anyone in particular, just the random rantings of a lunatic, who believes this to be "what's-what" with regard to the VX's handling/ride characteristics...

The VX is a short wheelbase, stiffly suspended/dampered, heavy little thug vehicle.
    Capable of bullying it's way over/through just about anything put in it's path.

It was never meant to be comfortable, it's conception was very purposeful...
    A nasty little hot-rod that could traverse terrain that would cause mere "mortal" vehicles to shat themselves, yet have the road manners of a (albeit heavy & bloated) sports car.

The "arm rests on the door panels?...sure if you wanna call em that...

Rear passenger ingress/egress?...great...

It's never gonna ride smooth, unless you're willing to kiss cornering good bye...& even then, will suffer the pitfalls of EVERY vehicle with a short wheelbase. (ever wonder why limos are so long?)

Chatters over bumps in corners?...of course it does...
    Push the skinny to the floor & feel the "magic" of TOD pulling you through the corner...even though it feels like "all hells break'n loose" back there...

Hell...you might even end up drifting a little through the corner (remember...steer INTO the skid)

(practice on a closed course, with a professional instructor, wearing nomex water wings, before trying this on your own)...

Hope any of this might answer some questions...or maybe cause more...with regard to my sanity......

And as an afterthought...when I push a corner HARD on asphalt, or whatever "civilized" road surface I happen to be on, she will easily pick the inner front tire up off the ground & STILL haul rocks around the corner.

Go somewhere remote & practice driving...unless you're pushing it harder than I ever have, it ain't gonna roll...
    Last edited by Ldub : 02/17/2012 at 03:01 PM

I freakin' LOVE this forum!