Thread: Advice Needed - Afraid to Turn / Rollover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    And I didn't make a huge deal out of anything. I said I was the "one" person who respects the racing aspect of our VXs....I only said that one time. And I said it because no one else ever talks about it. I did feel like I'm the only one here that feels that way. Dub and the whore are the ones that made this a big deal with being so rude.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I think the deal here is that a lot of us are original owners and have done everything already with the vx, 10+ years ago, I ralley crossed min once and just didn't like the roughness or wearing a damn helmet, so they might just come off a little more defensive to a relatively newbie is all I think this is.........live and let live everyone!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by VXobsession View Post
    And I didn't make a huge deal out of anything. I said I was the "one" person who respects the racing aspect of our VXs....I only said that one time. And I said it because no one else ever talks about it. I did feel like I'm the only one here that feels that way. Dub and the whore are the ones that made this a big deal with being so rude.
    It's all about perspective son...

Sorry you consider a reply that you didn't like, to be rude...

Some may consider an activity that they enjoy, being referred to as "driving miss daisy", to be very rude indeed...

Also, others may find it awfully rude if some young hotshot , who thinks he (or she) is the only one to consider the fact that the VX corners well, starts popp'n off about "the hardcore VX zombie/survivalist crowd".

"but never pointed the finger at anyone in particular"

It's roughly the equivalent of strolling into a biker bar, saying how harleys & all american made bikes suck...

FWIW...I don't recall anyone ever saying that rock crawling was the end all & be all sole purpose of the VX......though more than a few have found it to be very satisfactory when taken off road.

But maybe try re-reading some of your posts, while pretending you don't know who posted them, to see if they don't sound a bit rude.

"am I REALLY getting flack because I'm the one person on here that acknowledges the rally-racing aspect of our VXs instead of talking nonstop about rock crawling at 2 mph? "

I think Coastie & Gussie & a few others who are into the rally aspect of the VX, might find it a bit rude...since they've been talking about it for years.

Do a little research, & some day you can maybe add your name to the list of those that have gone before, who have rallied/rally crossed/raced their VX's.

Tone (RIP), Vx crazy, Joe Black, & Heraclid are just a few that come to mind.

Again...
    Last edited by Ldub : 02/20/2012 at 03:44 PM

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by VXobsession View Post
    I said I was the "one" person who respects the racing aspect of our VXs....
    oh man, i really dont like joining the crowds of 'pricks' around here, but sir, you are not the only one, as dub stated. Relatively, you are new to the VX and you very obviously do not understand this site.
    You basically came into the ONE AND ONLY mass of vehicross info and knowledge base, then basically told the group that we dont know anything about the vehicle.
    question for you, how many times have you had your VX over 90 on dirt? how many times have you slid off the road/trail because you were pushing the limits a little too much? and finally, do you have any actual proof that you actually do use your baby as a rally vehicle, because I only know of a few people here who have videos of THEIR vx rally racing.
    I know for a fact that ive had my VX over 90 on dirt more times than i can count, as well i have spent countless hours spinning around cones and using the TOD to get myself out of the ditch.

The part that I find funny is that my VX is lifted, as well as has been bashed on rocks on many occasions. I DEFINATELY dont 'miss daisy' my vehicles. Show me 1 pic like this or 1 video like this of YOU, and we can talk about the limit of a Vehicross.
    (ya, i think you kinda hit the hornets nest)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpbr5k1zy_c
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

No hard feelings VXobsession, but i will be curious to see how you feel and view our hobby after moab this year, but its definately not miss daisy stuff-

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    The part that I find funny is that my VX is lifted, as well as has been bashed on rocks on many occasions
    you have a VX???

Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    you have a VX???
    no, not currently. i suppose my post should have been in past tense. my bad.