Quote Originally Posted by VXobsession View Post
Come off it a bit? I wasn't the one being a prick.
Um, nope, not cool to say that on this site.

Back on topic....this "community" of VXers, by and large, are very polite and respectful of each members tastes and mods. We can politely say we don't care for x, y or z mod, but not bash it and imply it's wrong to do it or imply it's stupid. It happens all the time, really it does.

Some don't like CoastieCosta's yellow headlights, some laugh at my sissy plastic skid plates ( JO...) , kat paw print decals, and all my purple stuff inside, some laugh at Dub's skull and zombie stuff and his virtual hardware store in the back, some don't like VXorado's chopped back door with spare, and many think Triathlete is crazy the way he drives on rocks and such, we ALL scoff and laugh at Tom4Bren's rear tire mount and wide tires...(aka OFH) , and the best example....look how much we criticized Marlin's "frankenbumper"........he was great about it, and we're all still buddies with no hard feelings.

It's always harder to communicate your intent with just written words, and no voice inflection or facial gestures, etc...so I think, and I think several others do too, that your typed words came off a bit sharp.

I see you're coming to Moab in May....so I guess you're maybe thinking you might at least try some "rock crawling"????
Let me share some insight...I DON'T ROCK CRAWL....MOST OF US DON'T ROCK CRAWL. ....(Well, except for maybe Billy, Dumke, BigMeat, and a few others ...and some just get ROCK STUCK not CRAWL... ....)

I go on easier trails, that have less chance of damage....because I can't get mine lifted, I can't repair things myself, I don't live close enough to LDub to fix whatever and I'm not rich enough to pay someone else to fix it....yet I totally enjoy every single minute of the trip. As Dub said a few days ago, basically some of us would get together in Moab even if all the trails were closed. It's really a great gang and we all have a bunch-o-fun. ....and believe it or not, part of that fun is discussing and debating stuff when there's differences of opinion....

So, bottom line, to each his own....let everybody enjoy their VX any way they choose to.

Look forward to meeting you in Moab this year. You'll have a great time, it's so spectacularly beautiful there.