Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My journey to moab and beyond

My journey to moab and beyond

Preface:
    For those that don't know, I am in the process of moving from SC to WAin support of my upcoming deployment. I shipped my vx to kc,mo.

Last week I took the wife and her RS wheeling in tuttle creek,ks, thevideos are on my FB and utube.

Yesterday I headed out for washington with the vx jam packed,sans backseats. I bought a new kicker solobaric 10L3, damn it hits har now.

Anyway, I drove 750 miles yesteday to georgetown,co. I deided to play isuzu bingo to keep my sanity. Even playing with only myself (that was for tom) I still lost. 1000 miles,only 7 zus. 4 rodeos, a pup, a trooper and an impulse. Very sad.

The vx ran like a champ. She took her medicine (1qrt oil) like a big girl. I have been qadding lucas oil every fill up. I got 15-16mpg except the last tank from georgetown to grand junction, 19.7mpg!!!

I will have an exact cargo weight when I get to washington, I woud guess somewhere round 600lbs.

I am here in moab alone, droe around till I found some well built imports. I am now tagging along with some yotas for the weekend!

I would like to give special thanks to verizon for providing 99% 3g coverage on I70 all the way to loveland pass. Also shout out to pandora and the ability to stream music to my headunit via bluetooth. I may have died otherwise, my sirius expired last month.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

PS, sue, forgivemy spelling and grammar errors, I am typing all this on my andi-7+ tablet.

I forgot to mention, my trip through vail, I was running 65ish, I flogged the oldgirl. First down shift, 5k rpms, she farted a cloud of smoke, not sure what color, it was night time. I hope it was black. Not a peep from her since, she rarely sees freeway speeds, and hasn't been pushed like that in 3 years. It was good for her.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Nice videos, looks fun!

Seems like a rear locker would have helped the VX up that ledge, the front wheels didn't have enough weight for the locker to be effective.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Maybe you had it on....

..but I kept shouting "Bit'o E Brake" at the video!

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No, I never hit the brake, going back and watching, well u know what they say bout hindsight.
    Well, Hell's revenge in the dark is no joke. No major damage, I did everything the two SASed yotas did. Only damage I can find, another torn boot on front prop shaft and the front third pinion seal is leaking. I can live with that. They were very surprised I kept up with them.

Nice. Especially liked the first vid.
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Yea..Love Hindsight..gets me all the time!

Hells revenge is one of my favs..lots'o good stuff.
    If you get a chance...Steel Bender is a great trail too...
    ...as is Cliff hanger.

When ya get to the wall on Steel bender.....go straight down it....

...when ya get to the 3 way (??3 different ways up the hill) go LEFT, and crawl..with a touch of "momentummm" at the top!!

Wish I was there...

jo

Trying to do goldbar rim tomorrow,. Not my group, so I have no say, I am just along for the ride.

NICE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Trying to do goldbar rim tomorrow,. Not my group, so I have no say, I am just along for the ride.

..great sites...good mixture...nothing really crazy.

jo

How long and in what part of WA are you going to be stationed in? I'd love to go wheeling with you when I get my truck all fixed up.

I will be in everett for about 5 weeks. Im down to wheel.
    Did elephant hill today. The group was blown away by the vx. They were hopping and spinning up ledges, I ran my normal crawl style. It was a blast. I am heading out tomorrow for washington. 1200 miles, I hate my seat the vx is so loud, lol. Im going deaf. Hopefully hit some snow on the way.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I hate my seat the vx is so loud, lol. Im going deaf. Hopefully hit some snow on the way.
    I have to recommend the wet okole seat covers if your seat is bugging you. It has a nice thick cushion, I recently sold mine to Jo and I can definitely notice the difference in comfort without them.

Ditto on the "Wet Okole"..

...I'm on my second set ( first new/ second GOOD used), great value over 6 years.
    Take e'm out..hose 'em down.
    Good as ...

Elaphant Hill..Yup!..
    .what up with Gold bar?

jo

That was fun to watch. ha ha. loved the wifes comment under her breath: "he's gonna get stuck" lol. I guess you dont have a locker in your rear.