Thread: Just bought another VX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm in the same boat, last week we purchased a 99 with 152k but on its second engine. It needs emissions, brakes, muffler, Windows fixed, seats, transmission and drivetrain work and on and on. Maybe we can start a support group! The good news is, we have cool rare suvs and there is a fair amount of good info on this forum.

Congrats to both of you! Welcome! From what you both describe, it sounds like you both have a plan, and that's a good start. As far as exciting said plan, just take it bit by bit, like eating an elephant. You might just suprise yourselves on working on the trucks. Unlike vehicles today, the vx has room to work around the engine bay, and you can actually see 80%+ of the engine, not just the top. I would start with anything to do with engine, the most important part, and go from there. Do a good seafoam oil flush, and then go to synthetic. New PVC,air filter, maybe plugs, etc. Then just like I said, weekend projects on universals, bearings, tran, diff.... In no time you will have things sounding and feeling like they should. Although it is never all done. These trucks seem to need to be maintained more than most, but I know for me, it is kinda self induced because I like things to be proper, and I really do enjoy working on the vx. Plan on keeping it forever, so I try and maintain it to do so!
    Good luck!

Agreed. Forever sounds about right to me too. Drove mine a little bit today and remembered again why I LOVE this thing. It's just cool and fun and awesome. Like a 4WD puppy dog. That always is ready to play rough.