Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
Welcome back to the addiction. So what do you know that the rest of us don't. Repair kits I have found says the material that is used to make the cladding isn't repairable, and if so, will your way fix blemishes?? hope hope
Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
You're VX doesn't sound too bad.. considering it has 132K on the clock there will be some things that need replaced/maintenanced & many people neglect parts through service intervals.

I would start with fluid changes everywhere unless you have documented proof that the PO changed everything. Go ahead & replace the engine oil, power steering ATF, transfer case ATF, transmission ATF, brake fluid & F&R diffs.

Next check for squeaks- I usually rock the VX back and forth & listen for noises. Grease, lube, tighten, or replace anything making noise. Also grease the rear driveshaft at the zerks.

Now the ABS light is very common & can be fixed by replacing the ABS module (search ebay) or a connector can be bend down to remove the "abs" light on the dash without fixing the ABS (search the site). I replaced mine with a module from ebay for about $60 and it works great.

The bumpy ride is probably the shocks or the rear bump stops bottoming out on the frame (search site).

Good luck & welcome back to the site
Thank you for the really great advice. I intend to forward your suggestions to the service repair shop I've entrusted to handle the preliminary repairs on my new baby.