Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
With all due respect to the time and effort put in to
getting the Kilby under armour/armor made.....

...its OVERKILL.

The bolts are gonna get F'd up...destroyed...it retains heat..BIG TIME..
...and its WAY more than ya need.....for the VX capabilities.
I'm going to have to disagree with you a bit on this Jo.

The lowest bolts at the front crossmember are counter sunk, the other round head bolts toward the back are very hard to scrape if you look at the angles of the skid plates and the OEM bolts in the middle crossmember should not be installed at all.

I've also heard the disscussion on retaining heat but I haven't had any experience with it. My VX was the exact same heat with & without the skid plates this summer (I tested it ). Also my floor seat bolt was super hot from the tranny with or without the skid plates installed.

For most trails the skid plates are overkill & they'll add some nice weight to the VX but I'm still happy to have them & would recommend them to anyone. The piece of mind that my skid plates are fully protecting the belly of the VX is priceless. Also the front skid plate acts as a water/mud shield to protect your alternator through water crossings.

Have I really needed my Kilby's on a trail yet? No, but I plan on trying hard enough trails next year once all my mods are done to fully utilize the skid plates.

For those that go offroading once and a while, the kilby skid plates are too much.