Thread: Any VXers in Milwaukee area?

Any VXers in Milwaukee area?

I have a Curt Hitch that I've been trying to get put on. Tonight marks the 4th shop I've tried who said they can't do it. I don't know how to get the whole back cladding off to do it (or is that even necessary?). So does anyone with VX knowledge who could help me get a hitch on live in/around/near Milwaukee? I'm in Sheboygan. I've had this hitch since August and still haven't been able to get it mounted

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but IIRC when LDub took my bumper off there's one or two cladding screws for the rear bumper hidden BEHIND the rear wheel cladding, below the tail; light. I think you have to kind of pry the side cladding up a bit to access these two screws.

I also think there's a How-To on the forum somewhere....I know there's one for the front bumper, but think there's also one for the rear.

Here's some pics of my rear off () to give you some reference. See the white tubing thing hanging below my tail lght...the hidden screws are FORWARD of that, behind the side cladding.

[img]http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC_4742.JPG[/img

]

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    My VX came with a Curt hitch and it was only held on by four bolts, two each side, through the bottom of the frame rails. Is there another type of Curt hitch I'm unaware of? I know the Tone hitch is a through-the-bumper-cover affair, that requires cutting and fitting...
    Vixer Fixer

I'll look for that how-to Kat.

Scott, I have the same Curt hitch you do. But putting it on means that the left and right tie down/tow points on the back have to come off, and to get those off everyone says the back cladding needs to come off.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    OK, so there's the problem! When I took mine off, it didn't require access to the bolt heads. I just hit the nuts with an air impact and the bolts stayed put. They are still there sticking out the bottom of the frame rails.