Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what are the best shocks for vx

Too bad

you missed the KB Shock rebate. They are great adjustable shocks that after rebate I paid less than $200 installed at Sears. You should still look at them as they do provide 9 different settings to get the prefered ride
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Hey Sue,
    does anyone know the model number for the Bilstein replacement Mbeach is referring to in that post?

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    mbeach's impressions of about 4 different shocks, including firmness of each:
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...62&postcount=6

Im in the same boat....but I don't know if mine are bad. My VX is really rough over speed bumps. But I don't know if that's just stock or if shocks are worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    you missed the KB Shock rebate. They are great adjustable shocks that after rebate I paid less than $200 installed at Sears. You should still look at them as they do provide 9 different settings to get the prefered ride
    sounds like a great deal but do u mean KBY shocks i searched kb and only came up with KBY.. i also could not find any adjustable shocks that they made for the vx. there AGX line of shocks which are adjustable do not seem to be available for vx? could u send me a link of were to find them or part numbers..

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by mantis465 View Post
    sounds like a great deal but do u mean KBY shocks i searched kb and only came up with KBY.. i also could not find any adjustable shocks that they made for the vx. there AGX line of shocks which are adjustable do not seem to be available for vx? could u send me a link of were to find them or part numbers..

thanks again
    I think he means Rancho.....(right Dave?)
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=20096
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Hey Sue,
    does anyone know the model number for the Bilstein replacement Mbeach is referring to in that post?
    Not sure, but I think it's in this thread: 5100 maybe?
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ight=Bilsteins

thanks again
    I'd say that shock manufacturer is supposed to read KYB , and is probably why your search didn't get many returns.

Just did a search and found Randy's part numbers for Bilsteins.

Quote Originally Posted by 4X4 UFO View Post
    I installed Bilstein B46-1738-H1's on the front, and B46-1739-H1's on the rear. They went on without any modifications. The ride is very close to stock (slightly softer).

Randy
    Also found this SEMA competition but you just missed it! Click on 'view timeline' top left for the dates.

http://shockmyride.strutta.com/entry/181061#box-info

Another KYB supplier below...... (Btw, I fitted KYB Monomax dampers to my GMC Typhoon to replace worn Bilstein's. The Bilstein build quality was way better for general solidity, welds and finish but no idea how they would compare in performance from new. KYB Monomax are very good value though).

http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?N=10...921+4294965994
    Last edited by Monstertrucker : 11/02/2011 at 01:29 PM

Kats right

thanks again
    It was the ranchos on sale I was looking at KBTs as well and got mixed up

Quote Originally Posted by bearandbee View Post
    Im in the same boat....but I don't know if mine are bad. My VX is really rough over speed bumps. But I don't know if that's just stock or if shocks are worn out.
    Might try this: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=20911

You can cut your bump stops in half with a regular household hacksaw. Makes a WORLD of difference.

Im running 5k series, adjustables. Have for a few years. I wish the adjustability was in the compression & rebound.

Im still considering getting my stockers rebuilt, as they are really good just need to be serviced. I was going to get them revalved softer for more compliant ride.

Next thing is the rear stops in the rear. I hate how hard they jar. Might try the stops from Summit.
    face the mirror