Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
The wiring was the biggest unknown for me going in. In the end it was very simple once I had the answers of course. I was thinking about creating a word document and maybe get it posted for reference. I will make sure the wiring portion of the write up is detailed.

Buying a 99 Trooper is the best way to do this conversion. There are alot of small pieces you can rob off it, there will be bolts, etc. be sure to save the manual heat shields as those will be important! The computer is a direct swap in, no reprogramming needed. You can use the hard line for the clutch master cylinder and the actual clutch master. I had to use the clutch switch from the donor. I used the wiring harness from the manual to make the connection for the backup lights and pulled wires from it to make the harness that went to the neautral and clutch switches. You run 4 wires to the switches ansd you are good. You can get the mode switch off the auto tranny and modify it for the swap. I might be able to create a wiring harness that is a pluc and play kind of thing by the time you get ready for it. Just send me tha old harnesses and I will send you what you need to install.

There are some gotchas to look out for like the OEM clutch kit does not include a clutch alignment tool. Advance Auto sells one for $1.50, Auto Zone and O'Riely did not offer one. The OEM slave cylinder does not include the push rod, usually not a big deal, but I was missing mine and had to go out and buy a cheapie slave cylinder to get the rod.

I will detail all of this in the write up.

About that write up.....