Quote Originally Posted by 89Vette View Post
Bigger tires would lower the torque rating at the rear wheels. IOW, making it feel a hair less powerful. Plus, we've yet to see anyone report an improvement in MPG from larger tires. Looks and traction are cool though!
Oh yeah, it accelerates way slower than it did on stock size tires due to the extra weight and change in the gearing. Mileage wise, I only ran about one full tank through it on stock tires and got 16 MPG. I've been getting the same 16 MPG average with the 35's so far.

On my trip to Moab most of my tanks I got 16 MPG as well. The best I got was one tank of 20 MPG, which was the last tank coming into Moab. I think it was 'cause I was driving a bit slower coming down Hwy 6 and I had the TOD off. I left the TOD off the whole way home and didn't notice any mileage difference.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
Yeah I've come to realize that there aren't serious MPG gains with the AR-5 in highway driving. But the fun-to-drive factor and (hopefully) better reliability still make it well worth it IMHO.
Doesn't seem to be. I wish we could get a 6-speed with a super low 1st gear for crawling and a nice long 6th gear for highway cruising. The fun to drive factor is certainly a nice feature of the 5-speed though.