Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Color to Paint Humpty?

What Color to Paint Humpty?

Last year's thread about it getting wrecked is here: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...hlight=totaled

THIS IS MY UPDATE THREAD...

From now on when I write about getting it fixed back to useable condition, I plan to put it here.

We are ordering the doors finally. And its time for me to make up my mind what color to paint after repairs are done.
    I'm seriously thinking about the Orange Copper Mica like WyldWeasel had done way back when. Who remembers that and ever saw it in person?

I'm also considering the Dragon green color though I am not sure why. And i have always loved the Proton, but am not sure its "me".
    I could stay ebony, but I am afraid the portions we don't do, you know - the unscratched panels, may not match up perfectly after all the age and use.

And what color is this one, BTW?
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...2&postcount=40

Help me decide if you wanna. I'm really liking the Copper though.
    What do y'all think?
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by TexVeX View Post
    I'm not sure but it looks like that one is Foxfire with a pearl overcoat.

I've always had a hankering towards the Champagne color, specifically "Gold Mist Metallic" from the 2012 GM Cadillac line. This color is extremely elegant looking and would look awesome on a VX, especially against the contrasting cladding.

My other color choice would be 2006 MINI Cooper "Purple Haze". A deep dark purple color with pearl.

Both of these colors are absolutely breathtaking in bright sunshine!!!

The linked photo is a foxfire satin.
    I have seen WW's in person when she was in Moab. It looked really nice plus keeps it in the Isuzu family of colors.
    As far as other colors it depends on your interior color...are you gray/black or red/black? The red/black limits your choices a bit more...of course you can always dye the leather. The copper goes nicely with the red interior by the way.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Mine's Red/black so peacock blue, though sharp looking, would not go well with the interior, And thinking about it now, I guess green might not also. Purple haze sounded great but when I looked it up it looks pretty blue. Blue is an ok color, but I'm guessing its not for me either... Stay Ebony, or go Copper, or keep thinking... Well, I have a week or few. No rush. heheh

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    The Chrysler Copperhead Orange that they used on the speical edition Viper is one of my favorites...would be awesome on the VX!
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Purple haze sounded great but when I looked it up it looks pretty blue.
    TexVex-- The only true way to evaluate 2006 MINI Cooper "Purple Haze" is to actually see it in person on a MINI with the naked eye preferably under bright sunshine!!! A computer screen image does not do this color any justice. Once you see this color in person, it will blow your mind as it changes color from different angles due to the pearl in the paint. It will look solid Black during nightime, but sparkles a mind-boggling deep purple metallic during bright sunshine with ever-changing hues due to the pearl. It is the most desired color of the 2006 MINI Cooper (just ask your local MINI dealership).

Try to find a MINI Dealership or private owner that has the "Purple Haze" color on an actual 2006 MINI. Once you see it in person on an actual MINI, I bet you'll change your mind. It is definately NOT blue, but rather a true deep dark plum purple with metallic glitter sparkles.

While you are at it, drive over to your local Cadillac Dealer and take a peek at "Gold Mist Metallic" (Champagne) on a new 2012 Escalade. It's another mind blowing color in bright sunshine that will really contrast well with the body cladding of the VX and make it look like a million bucks.

I'd love to see one in person, or the Cadillac as well, but nothing is near here that I know of with good stuff like that. I'll check though anyway. Cause what I do I know about local car dealerships anyway? Heheh But I'm thinking I'd have to go to Dallas or one of the burbs to get see such stuff. But Maybe I will get to go that way before I have to decide.

But I'm thinking I'd have to go to Dallas or one of the burbs to get see such stuff. But Maybe I will get to go that way before I have to decide.
    Good enough; that's all I ask. Bottom Line; I want you to make the most educated decision BEFORE you pull the trigger using your own naked eye in real life bright sunshine as the final judge, and not based upon some computer-screen image (which can be a misrepresentation of color).

I'd hate to have you pick an alternate color, and then you see these other two(2) suggested colors (Purple Haze & Gold Mist Metallic) on the street someday and say "Oh; Damn, look at that color!!!". Patience, Grasshopper, patience.

Matte Black....

I believe BMW calls theirs Frozen Black.....its pretty sweet.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    I'd love to see one in person, or the Cadillac as well, but nothing is near here that I know of with good stuff like that. I'll check though anyway. Cause what I do I know about local car dealerships anyway? Heheh But I'm thinking I'd have to go to Dallas or one of the burbs to get see such stuff. But Maybe I will get to go that way before I have to decide.
    Only one on auto trader within 100 miles of Dallas and its here:

Sports & Imports
    Get this seller's phone number

214-566-1411
    Blake Bogard

1212 Commerce
    Plano, TX 75093

I'm a huge fan of the copper color. I could see my VX being that color.

Caution though: Those 'pearled' colors are quite expensive. The Chamelion colors are even more.

Plano is closer to me than Dallas. Yay.

Well, the BF ordered the doors, he actually got black. wow. And the fender hes waiting on hearing about is also black. Still, there are a lot of scrapes on the rest of it from the rollover. Some sort of painting will have to be done. Should I give up on changing the color or give in to my dream I always had of repainting?