Thread: Gas leak

Gas leak

I have a major leak at the front of the Vcross, where does the gas line connect at the engine, noticed a gas smell and have been driving bike for a while, took it out for a drive to store to pick up some food and noticed there was a trail leading to it. Drove it to another place where I knew there wasn't a trail and when I checked there was one leading to the passenger side of the engine comparment. Also noticed the gas was going down so fast I was not going to make it home. It was dark so will check it out better in the morning when I can see better.

Maybe the same guy that stuffed a rag in your bike's caliper is at work on your VX?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    IIRC, on the drivers side, almost to the back of the engine, back there by the fuel pressure regulator, is where the soft line hooks into the fuel injection system.
    You may also find the return line, in roughly the same position, on the passenger side.

Look above the coil packs, above the valve covers, there is a dark greenish line, about 5/16" dia, that's the fuel rail...

Trace it back to where the rubber lines are, that's the most likely place you'll find a leak.

Listen to Dub. Intake - driver/return - passenger, behind and low to the common chamber. It is a pain in the !@# to get to without removal of some stuff.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Yeah, just start at the fuel filter on the inside of the passenger side frame rail underneath your VX and follow the fuel line forward from there.

well of course it is the line that goes to the fuel rails somewhere behind the engine, couldn't be the return line in the easy to get spot. only way I can see to get at it is to remove the manifold, good thing I have a gasket and guess will change gaskets on fuel rails also. can change the knock sensor at last also. getting it towed to house instead of working in parking lot and it's going to be 64 tomorrow, at least one good thing, not much of a birthday for me today

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    All this happened to me. If you end up pulling the intake, replace everything and replace the O-ring on the water line in the front.
    I have S/C, to make it a bigger job.
    Roy

ok how does the knock sensor wire come off, of course the one I have is not the correct one so have to get another one, do you just push it sideways and it comes off or what. the leak was the small piece that goes to the fuel rail, what I thought was the return line was not a fuel line after all. Roy since have to wait on the sensor I will order the o-ring also because there was some coolant on top under the manifold.