Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Well, this winter just sucks!

Thumbs down Well, this winter just sucks!

Ya can't even really call it a winter. We had one small snow storm in Oct and another in Dec and nothing in Nov. The ground is bare. Forget about Jan. It's like a fall day out there and there's no cold air or snow in the foreseeable future.

Without some some great snow, what's the point of having a winter? The snow is what we love about winter up here. I'm not happy at all with the current situation. I just hope things turn around in late Jan and we can salvage Feb at least. If my snowshoes don't get any work soon, well, people are gonna be held accountable.

If anybody out there has some snow, please post some pics for us folks who are suffering without it.

Thanks, Mark

Duh

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    Ya can't even really call it a winter. We had one small snow storm in Oct and another in Dec and nothing in Nov. The ground is bare. Forget about Jan. It's like a fall day out there and there's no cold air or snow in the foreseeable future.

Without some some great snow, what's the point of having a winter? The snow is what we love about winter up here. I'm not happy at all with the current situation. I just hope things turn around in late Jan and we can salvage Feb at least. If my snowshoes don't get any work soon, well, people are gonna be held accountable.

If anybody out there has some snow, please post some pics for us folks who are suffering without it.

Thanks, Mark
    Sorry Mark winter starts Dec 22nd. So we are only 13 days into winter. By the end of February you will be sick of the stuff
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

I know how you feel, I've been suffering through these wickedly harsh 70-80 degree winter days...but our ski resorts are OPEN!

Mt Lemmon (the southern most ski resort in North America) has a 45 inch all natural base and the Northern Az resorts are up around 100 inches (they got machines).
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Without some some great snow, what's the point of having a winter?
    I've been bummed out for months after I learned that NO snow was expected in these parts this winter. Some issue with La Ninja or something.

I seriously contemplated taking time off from work and going to the NW part of the state when they got heavy snow last month, but I was too sick and busy at the time.

On the bright side, at least it hasn't been miserably cold just to add insult to injury. Add 10 degrees high/low to your 10 day forecast and that's what ours looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    I know how you feel, I've been suffering through these wickedly harsh 70-80 degree winter days...
    X2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Mark I'm right there with ya. I live in the Aspen valley, and most of why I moved here was for the snow in the winter. We got the same snow falls that you did, and it's been in the 40's here for the past few weeks with NO new snow. The four mountains (Aspen, Buttermilk, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands) are open, but only have a few runs open on each, and the runs that are open have bare ground showing through in many places. There is call for snow Saturday night/ Sunday morning out here, but I don't think it's supposed to amount to much. My ski pass is going unused and I'm ticked. When you find who's responsible let me know and I'll give them a swift kick in the shin's too.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Thanks, Mark
    Up here in Erie we had 10 inches for about a week. But is warming up and all but gone. At least I got to ride the ski doo a couple times.

It hit 60 today here in Southern, Indiana.

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    73 here today in northern Arkansas.

Been in northern Wisconsin since Dec 21st and it's snowed exactly twice for about 4" total. It was almost 50 out today so there's not much left but mud. So different than last year when they had 22" in one storm the week before we got here, and it was -17 when I was packing us up on our last day.

I grew up in NC so I enjoy seeing snow for the holidays. But unfortunately it hasn't really worked out this year.

Yeah last year was an old-school winter, kinda nice really. I like snow. The ground is basically bare so far...sux.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Reno and the Sierras are bare too. The ski resorts are crying the blues bigtime. I'm up in Wisconsin right now, was in a t-shirt all day yesterday...kinda nice but kinda scary.

It'll be over in less than 12 months now tho, so whatever.

Bart

La Nina was all messed up this year.

No winter means no ICE FISHING...........and that my friends, really sucks........

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    La Nina was all messed up this year.
    which is spanish for.......THE NINA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvmeUStFvz8
    Last edited by JAMAS : 01/12/2012 at 06:17 AM