Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
Hey do you have some pics of that setup? I'm installing a york oil filled air compressor with a v belt but i would like to see a setup that moves the alt too.
The head has threaded bosses that the engine lift hook bolted to. I made a simple bracket that picked up those and the alt mounts, and added a jockey pulley. The alt mounts upside down compared to its normal position. I chose this height so the belt still picked up the idler on the thermostat housing ribs down. Could have gone higher, but then the idler would have needed to be a smooth one running on the back of the belt - easy enough I just didnt think it neccessary on mine.
The belt tensioner is the stock unit with the fixed point indexed about 10 degrees. You can see the aircon/air compressor at the bottom, which are not as susceptible to crud and has marine grease in the bearing. Works well! I was set on getting a York but this one came up brand new for $50. If you didnt want the air compressor the jockey wheel would go down there - just low enough for the tensioner to exert its pull

I have still lost an alt with it up here but I bent 4 rods in the engine in the same bog-hole too so it was an extreme circumstance!