• Generic snorkel shaped to VX: $200-$300

8 17.39%
  • Don't want one. $0

19 41.30%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: VX Snorkel Kit... interest?

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX View Post
    I had a dream last night that I ran into deep water on a flooded back road somewhere. I remember wishing I had a snorkel when the water came over the hood of the VX. Premonition?
    Well if you have a snorkel, the VX will never see another water crossing...and if you don't have a snorkel, you can expect massive flooding in your area. Just how it works

Good news: I have a great looking Airflow snorkel on order from Australia. I ordered it last week so hopefully it arrives soon.

Bad news: I haven't heard back from the US distributor about a lower price bulk order. They haven't said NO yet, just need to call them once I fit my ordered snorkel.

Thumbs up

Good luck working a deal with the distributor. Looking forward to seeing pics...
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Nocturnal could you please let me know which model you ordered here from Australia? Thanks, Will.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Yea mate...a pic or link would help me decide.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by braaus View Post
    Nocturnal could you please let me know which model you ordered here from Australia? Thanks, Will.
    Sorry there was some confusion, but I'm still watching this thread to see the end result before making a decision. However, I have always liked the look of 4x4s with snorkels and (after having that dream) am less shy about having a hole cut in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by braaus View Post
    Will, I ordered the snorkel. Not sure on the model # but can let you know once I get it.

oops, sorry guys. VXorado, thanks for that and remember if you need stuff from here i can have a looka round, etc. Sometimes people don't like to post overseas, so if needed be, send stuff to my address and i post to you, and if you don't mind doing the same for me, i would appreciate. I almost bought a tail light guard from ebay USA but the seller refuses to ship to Oz, so... I need a friend i could send parts to and have it sent to me. I can western union money or paypal to cover the costs. I found a tow (hitch) bar on ebay, but it's too big and heavy to ship here Looks like i could fit one from a Honda CRV without major mods. Also thinking about those tubular side steps... Thanks again.

Snorkel? Well, they at least look tough, so aesthetics means everything on this mod. Make it look great and I sure add one.

...and guess what arrived in the mail today. Just need to test fit the new snorkel & take some pics for everyone.

Thumbs up Nice!

Hope it fits well...

Lightbulb

How about take pics, then test fit while taking more pics, and load them here same day?

Step 1 - take & post pics
    Step 2 - test fit
    Step 3 - take & post more pics

Get with the program, 'Rado.
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

I'll try to install the snorkel this weekend. I had a couple styles ordered and returned one of them earlier in the week.

The snorkel I have now should be the best fit. It's made by Airflow for an Isuzu MU (Amigo) but fits well on a Frontera (Rodeo) and hopefully our VX

The snorkel design is different but its growing on me.

...and this thing is pricey. $350 AU (~$360 US) + around $100 shipping.

My original plan to have a custom VX snorkel made fell through because the initial estimate was a bit too expensive.

If this snorkel fits & looks good, I will see if I can get the snorkel priced lower for a bulk order directly through Airflow.

First things first, lets get this thing installed to see how it fits & looks.

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    That's what jeep guys do because the straight 6 found in Cherokees & Wranglers had the alternator on the bottom of the engine too. I could probably design a guard as part of the project.
    During the build of my truck I made a bracket that puts the alt up beside the RHS cam cover. Alt pulley height is just below the idler pulley on the thermostat block, so the belt still engages there.
    Where the alt used to be is another aircon compressor converted to air. All on the serpentine, uses the standard tensioner slightly indexed and a longer belt. Alt stays out of the crud, compressor has marine grease in the bearing (and is less susceptible to crap anyway)and I have massive amounts of compressed air too. Win-win
    The answer is more power! What was the question?

Hey do you have some pics of that setup? I'm installing a york oil filled air compressor with a v belt but i would like to see a setup that moves the alt too.