Thread: Random thing's I've done to my VX

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Random thing's I've done to my VX

So I bought my baby in April of last year, and since then done a few things to her and figured I'd finally get around to compiling it into one thread and finally get some pictures up. so lets go in order:

0: OME lift with 912's and T-bar crank

1: installed cheap OBX lights (ebay) in the oval holes in the front cladding. nothing special, basically function as DRL's.

2. Used Showroom New black all over. my cladding was very very blotchy before and faded, I have no idea why. But it was completely cleared up by 2 coats of the dye and I really like the outcome.

Before

All other pictures are after the treatment.

3. Installed curt hitch

4. added rear hatch popper and opener similar to others on the site and wired it to a button of a rodeo (or trooper?)

5. New infinity kappa 6.5" speakers in the rear (already had ones up front), rewired everything, put in a different pioneer deck because the boss touch screen deck that was in there sounded absolutely Horrible. And added an amp for all the speakers. see subwoofer picture for mounting location. I would not recommend these speakers. although infinity kappas are supposed to be good, they dont have ANY base, and they also did not fit well, I had to trim the backside of the plastic substantially to get it back on over them.

6. Mirrors, roof rails, and spoiler in bedliner. I hate the faded grey look of the mirrors and roof rails i think it really detracts, so I made mine all black.
    Before

After

Also at some point I refinished and repainted my hood insert flat black

7.SUBWOOFERS
    2 memphis 10" subs hooked to a Massive p1000 amp. I had another amp on there, but since I hooked up the Massive, It pounds pretty good. (makes my cd player skip on the right songs...) guess its time for a new deck I want to get an HD radio. The one that was in there was a pioneer I pulled outa my jeep so its good, but nothing new. The box was a PITA to build due to all those angles, but I was going for the correct size for the subs.

Sub amp on top and speaker amp hidden to the right, attached to the plastic.

8. Added some diamondplate pattern shop-floor tiles to the cargo area, will add pictures. I like the look of it and i don't have to worry about the carpet.

8.5. steel braided lines since my braking sucked due to big wheels/tires. It helped substantially I think.

9.Rock sliders
    I worked at a machine shop part time over the summer/fall semesters and didn't want to let it go to waste. Made these myself with some trial and error for fitment, then bedlinered them to match everything else.

Last edited by eblank : 01/12/2012 at 08:29 PM