Thread: Random thing's I've done to my VX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    10. Spare tire
    well they don't make my rims anymore but I was able to find an 18 inch (not 20) chrome wheel on clearance and had it powdercoated ($45) and found a tire to match the rest pretty closely. Got a mount from a trooper, cut/welded/bent/painted and mounted on the rear door.

11. License plate mount.
    removed one of the rear reflectors, cut a plate, drilled holes, welded on nuts, used a peice of plastic to attach to reflectors place on cladding, painted. I have a light to install, just haven't gotten there yet.

12. PIAA 005x lights to replace fogs. I had a broken fog light so decided to replace with something better. Found these $300 lights on ebay without a harness for $75. Made a wire harness and made a bradket to mount them. Love them. just as bright as my stock brights. I have HID dims which are a little brighter, but the PIAA are pencil beams and super bright so they are great. I'm planning on installing two more sets of PIAA 520's (one ATP, and the other fog) but I need to find someone with a big enough tube bender to help me with a heavy duty light bar idea. (I've already made the brackets)
    I put both sets of my current lights onto switches and installed a master switch that will run all (hopefully soon to be 4 sets) of my aux lights so that I don't blind oncoming traffic.

That's all I can think of for now. hopefully some of this was helpful to someone, or if you're thinking of one of these projects maybe i answered some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by eblank View Post
    well they don't make my rims anymore...
    I have the same rims. Please keep me in mind if you ever upgrade to other rims. Likewise, I will keep you in mind if I upgrade.