Thread: No Brakes, Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You never did say what you'd meant when you said the ABS module had been disconnected. The electrical connector? The brake lines? Everything?

If the electrical connector has been disconnected, try taking it back off, cleaning out any debris if necessary that couild be preventing good electrical connections, re-seating it, and tightening it again. The #43 code you mentioned refers to a shorted or disconnected coil/wiring, which an improperly seated connector could be causing.

Once you get the electrical connector checked and reseated, you can also try removing the 40 Amp ABS fuse, then starting the engine to see if the brakes start working (brake pedal moves) even though ABS won't be functioning.

Since you haven't specified HOW the ABS had been disconnected, it's difficult to narrow the problem down to being possibly electrical or mechanical in nature, and seeing as how you say the battery had also been disconnected, it could still be either.

[QUOTE=Y33TREKker;248239]You never did say what you'd meant when you said the ABS module had been disconnected. The electrical connector? The brake lines? Everything?

Yes sorry everything was disconnected. the unit was sent out to be rebuilt got it back and installed abs light was still on showing code 43. So I drove the it for a few days then went to hit the brakes and the pedal would not move.
    BTW only the electric part of abs was sent out to be rebuilt not the silver part.

I ordered a new whole abs unit and it will be here monday and I will update on how it works out.

Thank you for all the help