Before I left for work I posted ^^^

I have about a 7 minute drive to work in the morning - 4 minutes on the freeway. So, this morning I pull off the freeway and I have three stop signs to go through... I get to the third stop sign and the VX dies. Immediately after dying, first the battery light pops on, then the oil light pops on, and then the Check Engine light pops on. I pull off to the side and put it in park and it immediately starts up again without a fight. (this is the exact same thing that happened on my trip) NO check engine light. I get to work and notice that the idle is a bit high.

During the trip home from GA my idle was funky a couple of times, once reving to 2500 rpm in neutral, another time reving between 700 - 1200 rmp in Park.

Do you think that I have a TPS problem, or is it something else? Is there a way the battery cables could be shorting out? I feel like maybe I am grounding out. Or, I noticed that the padding on the inside of the hood is chewed up and hanging a bit over the battery - could that be the problem??

Thanks!