Thread: Lift Kit Tire ????

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lift Kit Tire ????

Well, today I pulled the trigger and ordered a set of OME 919's with OME60074 Troop 92+ R/Sport (N15) OME60031 Isuzu IFS f Sport (N65) shocks. All of this is going under my 2000 Ebony VX. I'm aiming for about a 3" lift and I think this will get me there. Having read through numerous threads on the subject, I understand that I will need to "carefully" torque the front torsion bars so that the suspension dynamics are balanced and optimized.

Not going to do this myself as this is far outside my area of expertise. However, I have a 4x4 suspension guy who has experience in this process. So hopefully, we'll get 'er done. Next on my agenda is wheels/tires. Again, having read a bunch of posts on the subject, it appears that my best bet might be to stick with my Isuzu factory VX wheels -- which I would be perfectly happy to do.

However....what I am finding is that it is #@%#@ difficult to match up an appropriate set of M/T tires that will fit on my 18" factory stock wheels. Worse, it also looks like I need to be even more careful about choosing the right M/T tires otherwise, since most of my driving is street driving, I will end up with a dangerous monster on my hands. Here's where I am hoping to enlist some excellent advice from you guys.

I don't want an all terrain tire because a set of M/T tires just plain looks WAAAAAY better. You guys know it. So do I. The six million dollar question for a person in my situation then is what are the best choices for putting a set of aggressive looking M/T tires on my VX that will fit, last a reasonable length of time/miles and won't turn my VX upside down if I happen to, for instance, step on the brakes and/or turn the steering wheel now and again. I am hoping for 33" tires but if I have to go down to 31"s or 32"s, so be it. Anyone with some experience in this area, please feel free to chime in. I'm all ears.
    Last edited by angeno : 01/25/2012 at 07:33 PM