6 35.29%
  • Top of the World

2 11.76%
  • Elephant Hill

4 23.53%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Moab VX Run

Ok,

Total off road virgin here. I live in louisiana. Not a lot of mountains here. I have however, done some pretty crazy stuff with my VX through swamps, hills, etc. My poor VX has been sitting up with a blown engine for a few months, yet I finally saved enough to get the engine replaced (again).

I've been to Moab before for ATVing, climbing, hiking, and it's gorgeous. I would like to attend this Moab event and drive up there, possibly with my two kids (3 & 10).

Where do I go for more info and is this generally a family friendly event? And my VX is pretty much stock, including the wheels. Do I need anything special for the moderate trails? What do I bring? etc...

Thanks,

Really looks awesome

-Mike

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mcaramb View Post
    Ok,

Total off road virgin here. I live in louisiana. Not a lot of mountains here. I have however, done some pretty crazy stuff with my VX through swamps, hills, etc. My poor VX has been sitting up with a blown engine for a few months, yet I finally saved enough to get the engine replaced (again).

I've been to Moab before for ATVing, climbing, hiking, and it's gorgeous. I would like to attend this Moab event and drive up there, possibly with my two kids (3 & 10).

Where do I go for more info and is this generally a family friendly event? And my VX is pretty much stock, including the wheels. Do I need anything special for the moderate trails? What do I bring? etc...

Thanks,

Really looks awesome

-Mike
    Start reading friend...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ight=moab+2012

After wading through the "musical opinions" part, it gets more interesting...

I would like to attend this Moab event and drive up there, possibly with my two kids (3 & 10).

Where do I go for more info and is this generally a family friendly event?
    It better be - I'm planning to bring my 3 year old and baby along. Maybe our 3 year olds could keep each other company?

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Ok,

Thanks,

Really looks awesome

-Mike
    Re: 'family event'.....of course as long as you can tolerate your 3 yr old on an all day trail during the day in your vx. Nightly activity at the stoop can be somewhat R rated, heck actually X rated. But I doubt you will have a 3 yr old up that late! LOL
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    Re: 'family event'.....of course as long as you can tolerate your 3 yr old on an all day trail during the day in your vx. Nightly activity at the stoop can be somewhat R rated, heck actually X rated. But I doubt you will have a 3 yr old up that late! LOL
    How often do you guys stop on these all day trails?

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    Re: 'family event'.....of course as long as you can tolerate your 3 yr old on an all day trail during the day in your vx. Nightly activity at the stoop can be somewhat R rated, heck actually X rated. LOL
    Only if you're there....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Elephant Hill is awesome, but last time you guys did it in a large group you were only able to do the main loop in time. It is a crime to go there without hiking the Joint trail and/or Confluence overlook.

I like Gold Bar Rim a lot, but the prospect of getting 20+ vehicles down and back up that big wall in less than 8 hours is daunting.

Top of the World would be nice if it isn't snowing like last time...

Fins 'n Things is a good overall choice, and intro to Moab wheeling for the noobs.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    How often do you guys stop on these all day trails?
    Ash- it varies of course according to the trail, but when there's an "obstacle" of any significance, everything slows/stops, spotters hop out and help everybody get over it.
    With the CB radios, someone will often ask "when" next stop is.....so it's not really a problem.

Plus we always stop for lunch somewhere, so bring a bag lunch for your gang....and lots of water.

p.s. - The trail rules are girls on the right, guys on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    Elephant Hill is awesome, but last time you guys did it in a large group you were only able to do the main loop in time. It is a crime to go there without hiking the Joint trail and/or Confluence overlook.

I like Gold Bar Rim a lot, but the prospect of getting 20+ vehicles down and back up that big wall in less than 8 hours is daunting.

Top of the World would be nice if it isn't snowing like last time...

Fins 'n Things is a good overall choice, and intro to Moab wheeling for the noobs.
    What do you think of doing 7 Mile Rim?

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    .....but ledges ....I'm going to pass on this one, I hate ledges....
    Hey Sue, might wanna make a mental note to avoid Steelbender...

7 Mile Rim is decent, if a bit easy for the leader to get lost on (I'll say no more...).

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Sue, those pictures are not taken on the same 'wall'...

I did gold bar my first year and the only place I hit was on the wall where the ml is pictured, and I was bone stock with bald tires... Just fyi.

Either way doesnt matter much to me, theres a likelihood that I wont even be the for the group run
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    Either way doesnt matter much to me, theres a likelihood that I wont even be the for the group run
    Are you getting to Moab late or planning a different run?

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Are you getting to Moab late or planning a different run?
    just getting there late, probably thurs night or friday night, depending on when i can get off work.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    This thread really illustrates how many good choices we have... and so little time to enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    just getting there late, probably thurs night or friday night, depending on when i can get off work.
    Boo. Its alright, we'll start planning a CO pre-run soon.

We should get together in a couple weeks and discuss this...