Thread: Lights, Paint & Upgrades, OH MY!

Bookmarked Lights, Paint & Upgrades, OH MY!

This is my first post after visiting for over a year. I am the owner of '01 Ironman in fairly original condition. After owning it for a while now I have decided to begin fixing it up and upgrading it to 2012.

I recently purchased a Rhino Rack cargo box and it looks GREAT and what a great deal I was able to find ($160), but my next step is lighting and paint/body work. My exterior is in good conditon with standard ware and tare you would expect, however witht he begining of some rust spots and the occasional bump/dent I have decided to get it up to code again.

My biggest questions for you all right now is lighting, I am planning on upgrading everything possible to LED's for brightness and eff. aside from the head lights which will be HID's. I would ideally like to turn my two front headlights into "Halo's/Angel Eyes" however I don't believe it can be done on a Vehicross.

I have noticed some of you have different color standing and blinker lights and that is something I would like to look in to. Any suggestions on where to look or how to achieve it? Also any tips or tricks you've encountered for those of you who have already been here and done this?

I love my VX and I get looks and comments all the time, however, I do know that the VX can be very fickle and there is a thin line between looking FUTURISTIC and SCIENCE FICTION.

Any tips, tricks, where to look and where to buy would be much appr. I will upload pics to bring you up to date on the progress going forward.

Thanks in advance!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    This may be a good place to start...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=20474
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Whenever possible order your LEDs from www.v-leds.com - pricier than some other sites, but their products are much more well constructed and reliable (speaking from experience).

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiIronman View Post
    I would ideally like to turn my two front headlights into "Halo's/Angel Eyes" however I don't believe it can be done on a Vehicross.
    anything's possible on a vehicle, it just depends on how much time, money and work you want to invest.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

I noticed the factory 3" fog lights installed in the cladding are NISSAN??? I would like to purchase another pair to add to the rear cladding to replace the red 3" round reflectors.

Any ideas on where I can pick up two more NISSAN 3" round fog lights or a dead close match? I've googled 3" round NISSAN fogs and nada comes up.

Any advise?!!

I'd suggest, as many others will also, that you swap out the front "fog lights" - which are so dim they barely function as marker lights - with some projectors or true fogs.

I never noticed though - are the rounds for the rear reflectors the same size as the fronts? And equally important, if not more so, is there room behind them to play?

I've seen mods that replace these red reflectors with red LED's, which looks pretty sharp. But for stronger reverse lights, you could be on to something here.
    -V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

I may have a second set of fog lamp housings for you to play with if you're interested...

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    I'd suggest, as many others will also, that you swap out the front "fog lights" - which are so dim they barely function as marker lights - with some projectors or true fogs.

I never noticed though - are the rounds for the rear reflectors the same size as the fronts? And equally important, if not more so, is there room behind them to play?

I've seen mods that replace these red reflectors with red LED's, which looks pretty sharp. But for stronger reverse lights, you could be on to something here.
    -V
    I believe there's some room to play with behind the reflectors but you would need to cut a hole in the cladding and rig up a way to mount some lights.

I've done the rear reflector to LED conversion and there is a ton of room behind the rear cladding, but you do have to cut out some cladding that is behind the reflectors. Also, I haven't done the angel eye head lights, but I have converted the front marker lights to fog lights with angel eyes.

I can't find the thread right now, but LittleBeast has gone to projector beam headlights in the stock head light buckets. Pretty slick.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless