Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
The bottom line here is, Isuzus, and most Japanese cars and light trucks are not yet at the collectible point, unless you go back to the 70s. We will continue to see the "value" of our VXes go down as years press on, but at some point, sometime in the future, they will be worth money.
x2. True dat. The only Japanese light truck I can think of that appreciates in value every year is the legendary Toyota FJ-40.

Our VX's do have somewhat an advantage of supply-n-demand. When and if it comes time to sell, it's all about if you can find a hungry enough buyer that's just got to have it despite the asking price. For example-- if you can find a high school kid with rich parents, then the parents will gladly pay the asking price just to get their kid to shut up. Another great place to sell is your local golf course parking lot.

When and if I decide to sell my VX, I'm gonna' put large For Sale signs in all of the windows and park it in plain view within the local high school parking lot that teaches high-end snooty yuppy type high school kids in the rich part of town. Then, just wait for some young 16 year old punk kid with his/her brand new "learner's permit" start to drool over the VX. You'll soon be getting a phone call from a distraught rich parent asking to set-up a meet to purchase the VX for the full asking price (no questions asked).

Bottom Line-- when selling the VX, you have to target your audience. Being a 2-door SUV/PUV, the VX is not gonna' be purchased by someone who has a family (they all want a 4-door vehicle). You're gonna' need to target either the single young person or the older person that their kids have already flew the chicken coop. If you want to target the older rich crowd for a buyer, then park the VX with its For Sale signs at the local Golf Course.

Thus, pick a rich high school for selling to a young single kid; or pick a golf course for selling to a older married/single person with no kids. The problem with golfer's is that they will want to haggle a lot on the price; whereas, a screaming young high school punk kid will get their parents to pay full asking price. The downside is that the high school kid will likely destroy or permanently wreck (total) the VX within 6 months of ownership; whereas, the golfer will cherish and care for the VX for many years to come.

If you're only after top dollar and don't care about the future longivity of your VX, then sell it to the high school punk kid with rich parents. If you have a soft heart; and would like to see your beloved VX live on and not be totaled, then sell it to the golfer at the risk of not receiving top dollar.