Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Trans fluid??

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaVX View Post
    Well, I called around this morning to all the parts stores in town, and nobody could look up those numbers....considering scotts suggestion of moving. The carquest guy suggested going to a Transmission shop! DUH... Went to my local transmission shop, he also called it the valve body pan, and he made a call, and it will be here around noon today! 3 bucks!! don't have a part number yet, but I will post it when I get it!
    What is nuts about all of this, When I looked up all the numbers Leon gave, they all popped up on the internet, but not at the parts stores. Good on you Leon!
    parts stores and most online retailers of auto parts have the vx listed wrong for almost all parts - any time you need a part take the old one out and google the part number and nothing about a vehicross - should get the correct part then

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon R View Post
    Right, time to move to bumm-f@#ck, MN

Every local store that carried Felpro, could see my part number, but they all had to order it! A few insisted on looking it up by the application, they found an "Upper Oil pan gasket" with 12 bolts, but that is NOT a correct pan/gasket!

BTW, after 200 miles and 3 passes on the race track, the home made gasket is holding-up great!
    Then ya done good Leon, quality work is so hard to find these days...kinda like good parts stores!!
    Vixer Fixer

I JUST had to buy this part from O'Reillys auto parts. They had to special order it, but the part # is Fel-pro TOS 18756. The only problem is I haven't tried putting it on yet. Hopefully it's the right one

'03 Honda CR-V (DD) - '05 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - '01 Ebony VX!

A smile is like tight underwear, it makes your cheeks go up!

Looking at the intructions in the How2 section, that looks like the right gasket for the auxiliary pan.

BTW, it looks like RockAuto has it for about 1/2 the price that O'Reilly's does.

I think I'm creeping up on 90K on BZBZZZ so maybe I need to get those gaskets too so that I can do the tranny service later this summer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

That is the correct gasket.

I concur, I put the gasket above on my VX last night when changing the transmission fluid and it is the correct one!!

I just got the same Felpro gasket that I ordered on Monday, $9.50 shipped from CA in a 8x8x12" box (ebay vendor)!!! I do not know how they can afford this! They must get some crazy deals from USPS!

BTW, the home made gasket is still holding
    96 Eclipse Spyder GSX (already turbo, AWD swap)
    93 Eagle Summit AWD (4G63 turbo swaps)

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Great to directions to more fun than you ever thought possible...

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...warticle&id=20
    Question: Is this part of the instructions really a good idea?

"Now get cleaned up a bit as you'll be getting in the VX to start the engine and run through the gears. This will help extract as much of the remaining fluid as possible. Start the VX normally and allow to warm up for about a minute or two. Now firmly press the brake and hold it as you go through each selection on the shifter for about 30 seconds each, all the way down and back up again until in PARK. Allow the engine to run for about another minute then shut down. Check underneath the make sure everything is in order and you didn't spray ATF all over the place. Wait about 5 minutes and repeat the above procedure."

We seem to be having a lot of tranny failures lately after a fluid change & I just don't think that running a tranny through all the gears with no fluid in it is a good idea. Thoughts???

So I ordered the gasket, do I just need one? I'm buying the parts and having my service guy do the work. I know there's 2 pans, but are there 2 gaskets? And what's the part number for the filter, where do I get that?
    ---------

Ty