Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wrecked my VX

Wrecked my VX

I was driving to AZ from CA to see my family on Friday night for the long weekend and I hit a semi truck tire just outside of Parker at highway speed. Long story short I kept it on the road, the tube bumper saved me, but there is some damage. Broken window, lost mirror, hood damage from road signs, rear quarter panel trashed, some broken lights, scratched door, rim rub, and tire gash. I picked up the truckers tire, broke off the plastic that was rubbing, and brought it back to him where he was on the side of the road. (He blew the tire and I found his recap tread all in one piece) My GF and I are fine but the shop is charging his insurance just over $3k to fix it. All mechanical operation is perfect minus alignment. Drove the last 100 miles home, and drove my moms car back to CA. I hope to get the VX back this weekend or the next. I'll keep you guys updated with pics and status as I get it, but thank God for his protection over us and Isuzu for making such a stout little truck. To top it all off my iPhone was stolen this morning at Starbucks so that sucks, but at least I didn't roll over and die

Thank VXKAT for the helpful info, if my shop can't get that rear panel or mirror I may need to source him one. They are repainting the hood, door, and quarter panel so he asked if I wanted everything the same...I'm getting the whole hood done in matte black which should be neat. Anything else that should be done while its at the shop?
    I'm getting the whole thing looked over as the undercarriage skid plate back was rubberized from the tire but works fine and drove perfectly. Will the shop be able to source new panels because he said they were all listed and gave me a price?
    I may be getting new tires as well even though mine are only two months old or something, and new rims if mine are damaged at all.
    Check out VehiCROSSAmerica on Facebook or @VehiXAmerica on Twitter

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Glad you & yours are OK...

with the repairs...

Sorry to hear the news, but like Ldub said......glad everyone is o.k.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Great to hear that everyone is fine...and that the VX will be repaired and good as new in short ordered!
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

I hate reading this, but love that you were here to write it.

St. Christopher FTW.

And oh yeah, the VX too.
    -V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    DITTO..on the Great yer OK.

And if your gonna deal insurance..truckers insurance is pretty much the best.

You need FOUR NEW TIRES...the TOD demands it

Hope she's back rolling soon....

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time I hear about a car crash or see flashing lights lately I go into a comatose state.

I am VERY happy to hear that everyone involved is healthy. And, of course it's great that the VX will be repaired!
    '03 Honda CR-V (DD) - '05 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - '01 Ebony VX!

A smile is like tight underwear, it makes your cheeks go up!

Glad to hear

everyone is okay. Your shop seems better than mine. I wrecked (hit a deer) on SB Sunday and won't have the new hood until March 1. Then who knows how long. I had to suggest to the damn shop they get the other parts in and do that work then when the hood gets in install it and paint. I guess they never had to rent a car.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Ditto what everyone else said. Glad you're ok.

Thanks for the well wishes guys, I guess the repairs won't be done until next week so I've gotta hold on a little longer. Turns out State Farm has some evaluative system for deciding on what "really" needs to be fixed that takes some time. They should just say "oh your'e on the VX.forum, what can you tell us needs fixed." yep that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Ala5ka View Post
    Will the shop be able to source new panels because he said they were all listed and gave me a price?.
    When I had my VX repaired in November they were able to get everything but the hood, which they had to buy used from an Ironman in Montana I think. I was amazed that they were able to get everything so quickly, hopefully you'll have the same experience.

Sorry to hear about this, believe me I know the feeling.

whats with the damn hood?

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    When I had my VX repaired in November they were able to get everything but the hood, which they had to buy used from an Ironman in Montana I think. I was amazed that they were able to get everything so quickly, hopefully you'll have the same experience.

Sorry to hear about this, believe me I know the feeling.
    Out of stock got 6 coming over on a boat and by the time they get here they will probably be gone. I am happy that I am getting a new one though.

Its good to hear you ok, thats all that matters, oh and that ur VX lady will return back to ya as well. God bless brotha

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    glad to hear that your doing alright. From what you described, sounds like you didnt exactly stay in your lane after you hit the tire. Like you said, thanks Isuzu for making such a stout and sporty little truck. Something like my 4Runner and you probably would have rolled, rather than keeping it shiny side up!

+1 for the VX, and the big man upstairs watching over you!
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

State Farm approved the repairs and it began yesterday, stripped, paint, an parts ordered. managed to order new rear bumper, passenger quarter panel, passenger marker lights, and window. Thank you VXKat, the shop should have already called you about one of those mirrors. Can't wait to see her with a full black hood what do you guys think? Everything mechanical will be replaced if it's broken, tires may be replaced. I'm thinking about some new OME springs as well.