Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Moab 2012 Window Sticker/t-shirt Logo....

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Since the sticker goes on the window, it would be better to have a vinyl decal cut out for the sticker rather than a solid black sticker. The vinyl decals look better and last longer. I don't think we can use such a detailed graphic for vinyl cutting. The design would be great for a t-shirt .

The don't think the Moab T-shirt shop will be willing to do that detailed calendar....last year, the owner lady gave me all kinds of grief for the detailed "tire tread". And she made each tread block "attached" to the next, cuz it was way easier to do she told me. The calendar designs are way more intricate than just the tire tread...so I don't think they'll do it, and, I agree, it will be way too small to see
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    LOUD NOISES!!!!
    GORGOROTH!

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)
    I be needing me one of each when you have em done! And a Moab snow dome too please!
    The answer is more power! What was the question?

I like the side profile VX you posted with the people & dog. That's what I was thinking for a good vinyl decal.
    Well you're in luck, because the T-shirt shop already produces that one. I got it straight off their website.

Personally I think a solid sticker would look better than a vinyl cut-out, depending on where you put it. If I put a cut-out on the glass I would think it would be harder to see with everything behind it than if it was on a black background.

There's only a bazillion sticker companies on the interweb, so I wouldn't let one shop's limitations drive the design. Moab is 2 months away, if we finalize the design in the next few weeks someone could just order two or three dozen and bring them with them.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Personally I think a solid sticker would look better than a vinyl cut-out, depending on where you put it. If I put a cut-out on the glass I would think it would be harder to see with everything behind it than if it was on a black background..
    Virtually every other event sticker has been die cut...cuz quite a few of us have tinted out the side windows...

LIMO BLACK FTW...

That's also the reason all of my submissions were presented as negatives, with the background being black.
    Last edited by Ldub : 03/06/2012 at 07:14 AM

Damn Virginia and it's fascist anti-tint laws. I'd love to keep it cooler back there for my dog.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Damn Virginia and it's fascist anti-tint laws. I'd love to keep it cooler back there for my dog.
    Gotta love when state laws have nothing whatsoever to do with reason, and/or logic...

So...by that rationale, panel vans should be outlawed...

The vinyl cut stand out on non tinted windows also. My windows are not tinted and I like the white die cut look.
    Last edited by Triathlete : 03/06/2012 at 08:54 AM
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I like the side profile VX you posted with the people & dog. That's what I was thinking for a good vinyl decal.
    Well you're in luck, because the T-shirt shop already produces that one. I got it straight off their website.

Personally I think a solid sticker would look better than a vinyl cut-out, depending on where you put it. If I put a cut-out on the glass I would think it would be harder to see with everything behind it than if it was on a black background.

There's only a bazillion sticker companies on the interweb, so I wouldn't let one shop's limitations drive the design. Moab is 2 months away, if we finalize the design in the next few weeks someone could just order two or three dozen and bring them with them.

Several of us actually got that VX profile with the dog I think in 2010. It was NOT the "official" sticker though.
    It's really cool.
    Maybe get MOAB and XV-VX below it???

Regarding the sticker being a negative vs a positive.....
    last year I had a miscommunication with Jo and we both ended up getting the official 2011 sticker printed up.....but I got a negative and he got a positive or vice versa, I don't know which is which.....but mine (below) was much less attractive because it had the white vinyl square/borders, which was inconsistent with prior years.

Agree with Billy, my windows aren't tinted and the white die-cut shows up fine.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    I guess that's good & bad news. The decal design is available but some members already have it.

Maybe we can have the side profile VX in a smaller size, driving up a mountain/rock/etc. I'll have some time tonight and will attempt to make something.
    Last edited by VXorado : 03/14/2012 at 11:25 PM

Talking Wo0T!

Hey Jo, got your email.

So yeah, I was planning to throw together a few sticker options.
    I do much prefer the cut out style like I always do them. It gives flexibility too if you want to re arrange the individual pieces or get rid of a part...

So here are my proposals. I'll do them up a bit better depending on the reaction and interest. I can do a few different styles too since I pay by the square inch so 5 of one style and 25 of another is the same price as 30 of just one.
    These are a bit big at 6"x6" black square, I do prefer to go 4" or 5" square, but some of the detail gets lost when they are small with the laser cut outs.

I really got a kick out of the 2012 Mayan jab, so I threw it in. Cool beans!

Here's the contenders,

STICKER A:
    For the last three years I wanted to do Moab in the shape of an arch, so here's my stab.

STICKER B:
    Without the Arch if it looks ugly or too 70's ish.

STICKER C:
    Just for those plain janes...

Thanks for putting my feet to the fire Jo. Been meaning to tackle this for a month now.

Cheers dudes.

And yes Larry, It ALMOST looks like a skull.

Hey Sue, If you want, I can print another 2011 for you with the proper reverse cut...

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"][B][SIZE="3"]....

Regarding the sticker being a negative vs a positive.....
    last year I had a miscommunication with Jo and we both ended up getting the official 2011 sticker printed up.....but I got a negative and he got a positive or vice versa, I don't know which is which.....but mine (below) was much less attractive because it had the white vinyl square/borders, which was inconsistent with prior years.

Agree with Billy, my windows aren't tinted and the white die-cut shows up fine.

Very nice Kenny. I'm digging the Mayan 'Zu dude on 'A', although it would be even sweller for me if I could get one sans 'VX' on the forehead. But if making some that way is a PITA don't worry about it.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    Very nice Kenny. I'm digging the Mayan 'Zu dude on 'A', although it would be even sweller for me if I could get one sans 'VX' on the forehead. But if making some that way is a PITA don't worry about it.
    yup. i can pull the logo out of his head. no prob.

Thumbs up

Kenny...another great design...love the arch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!