Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: looking to sell my 2000 vx

So sorry to get everyone's panties in such a bunch :P I just figured anyone REALLY interested could just email me. Since I'm very busy and I can get emails, send pics, answer questions, take calls, text etc. all from the palm of my hand (i.e my phone) which is where all pics of vx's damage is stored. And can be done on the go, chairlift, backstage, on the john etc. Like I said I was having trouble uploading pics, The board is not too user friendly and seems a bit lacking in interfacing and technical advances. Yes I can be impatient, lazy and quite the wise@ss. But appreciate all the knowledge this board and members have to offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]the 2nd mouse gets da cheese

I only read about 5 of them and decided to post my first reply,I just read the whole thing,WWWOOOW on the real though,I would go buy a brand new ride with only a mile on the od from a dealer before i would be that picky about any used vehicle,even if it was a 200 thousand dollar ride.
    just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    Forget about that list. I would never fill that out, nor would I allow someone to ask me all those questions. There's not even anything on that list about how the engine or transmission work. That's pretty important stuff. "I must know about the odors, but the engine and transmission? Forget about those. I don't even care if it has an engine or tranny."
    When someone gives you directions to their house do they put in steps to make sure you have your car keys before you leave? Perhaps there's a reason the incredibly obvious questions are left off the already-way-too-long list...

Thumbs up

What is incredibly obvious? The list should question odors, but not if the engine starts easily, runs smooth, and idles correctly? Nothing about how well the transmission shifts and operates? Every VX engine and trans obviously works perfectly, so that stuff should not be questioned?

Mark
    Mark- you know you complained about that exact issue (engine/tranny omissions) when we first developed it and asked for input. So Tom, Mav and I (and I think a few others) tried to make it even more detailed, and it quickly expanded to about 100 questions. That was just way too much....so we kind of just settled back into using the "first" version and never got around to revising it any further. Mostly because so many felt it was already long enough. Over the many years, we've all learned this truck has some specific quirks and "issues"...we just thought it was a good idea to list them.

This forum is usually about helping owners and owners-to-be... so why bash this list and get sarcastic when it's just trying to help buyers and sellers? It's not etched in stone, so what's preventing you or anybody else from adding or deleting questions to it?
    I recall a few sellers truncated the list and provided only some of the info or just said "N/A"....no fault, no foul...that's fine.

It's just a simple tool/outline/starting point, totally flexible and changeable to however the user finds most helpful, including not using it at all.
    Is it not analogous to you frequently posting TSBs on various issues?.... to help get info to people so they can do with it what they may?

to Willy...you couldn't use this on a new car cuz most of this stuff wasn't known for several years.....plus it's just info...it's not a pass/fail test.

And to catskill...it looks worse than it is , takes no more than 5 minutes, tops. They're not super specific or technical....they're mostly yes/no.

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Yeah I did complain about that before. Don't ya think those important questions about the engine and tranny shoulda went to the top of the smaller list?

Mark
    yeah, well we're lazy arses and never got around to it....most people buying cars know to ask about those 2 items. And the list was never in any order of priority.
    Maybe you could create the wording on those topics and shoot 'em over to Moncha to add to this archived document?

What is incredibly obvious? The list should question odors, but not if the engine starts easily, runs smooth, and idles correctly? Nothing about how well the transmission shifts and operates? Every VX engine and trans obviously works perfectly, so that stuff should not be questioned?

Mark
    If you're too stupid to ask that question without needing a list to tell you to do so then you need one of these:

Thumbs up

I would never fill that out, nor would I allow someone to ask me all those questions
    X2

Friends,

Let's not get too proprietary over this. It's a voluntary questionnaire for the benefit of an enthusiast or detail-oriented buyer. It's not a mandatory application for an owner to sell his VX, either here or anywhere else.

However, if a seller IS going to list his vehicle here among fellow owners, enthusiasts, and detail-oriented buyers, these are the types of questions he can expect to be asked. Often repeatedly. So I see it also as a time-saving, thread-shortening device (this thread as evidence to the contrary notwithstanding), as it will eliminate such repetitive questions and answers, consolidate pertinent details, and potentially accelerate the sale.

I'd wager that sellers of pristine VXs would be happy to complete the questionnaire - listing all that's NOT wrong with them, while owners of more weathered vehicles just see it as giving potential buyers reason after reason to either not buy it or hack away at the price.

Is it mandatory? Nope.
    Is it a hassle? Probably.
    Is it folly to criticize it among our enthusiast membership? Bet the farm.

-V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Don't worry about it, Jay. You're doing the right thing. You offered it for sale, take it or leave it. If someone wants to buy it, they'll buy it.

Forget about that list. I would never fill that out, nor would I allow someone to ask me all those questions. There's not even anything on that list about how the engine or transmission work. That's pretty important stuff. "I must know about the odors, but the engine and transmission? Forget about those. I don't even care if it has an engine or tranny."

If someone showed up at my door and pulled out that list, after the first question I'd say, "Hold it right there. Take that list, roll it up real tight, and cram it! Buh-bye." Followed by the sweet sound of my door slamming.

BTW, I'm from over in northeast PA and hike the mountains and flyfish the streams in the Catskills. We just had a new owner join up late last year from up the creek in Chichester.

Where do you board the most? Hunter or Belleayre?

Mark Griffin
    Thanks for the chuckle Mark, Well Belleayre = BOOORRRIINNGGG too much hiking for a snowboarder. So mostly hunter, (be there Sat) worked (instructed) there for a few years. Also lived on Windham for 4+. And yes my girlfriend sent me a pic of scoobys vx (nice machine) the day she ran into him I felt as if she was cheating on me, with mine all banged up. lol haven't reached out to him yet but I see he's on board. love your page... Does that vx still look that great??? Another quick question.. you know anything about that ebony over in Bear Creek? Im suppost to go look her over in the near future.

I bet

the people who would not provide answers or slam the door in the face of a possible buyer are the 1st to complain if their customer service experience was bad or if they got screwed buying one and the question wasn't on the list. The questionaire was devised by members here for free on their own time, this site where the ad was posted was created on the persons own time and is kept up by voluntary donations. It seems interesting that we have no problem taking advantage of the free time of others but complain about it when people provide their input that was meant to HELP not too disparage. I bet that a lot of VXs are going to be sold before this one with no info on it. And had the seller had mentioned the download problem I am sure one of our more tech savvy members would have volunteered to post them if he sent to him. And probably still would.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Jay, I've only seen the Bear Creek VX once at a gas station while talking to Dave. He's a good guy and he'll be honest. I know it's been offroaded very hard. He mentions a couple current problems. I don't see it as a daily driver without some expensive repairs. It could be good as a second vehicle and certainly as an offroader that you wouldn't have to worry about getting a few dings and scratches.

The pics on my front page are from summer '10. It's still in great shape and runs perfectly. I have to get some new pics up shortly when the nice weather hits. After a quick wash, and shining up the tires, wheels, and cladding, any VX goes from dull to brilliant very easily.

Mark Griffin

The buyers questionnaire list was made up to guide potential new owners on what to look for on our unique vehicles.
    If some one was going to inspect the VX in person, they would take the list with them, and check it off, along with all the other obvious things they would look at when buying any vehicle.
    Some items would be important to them, others would not. But at least they were aware of the quirks of the vehicle before they jumped in.

Buying a vehicle, or even assessing it's potential to buy, long distance, you have to ask questions and receive answers.

So if anyone refuses to answers questions, they are simply ruling out selling to that potential buyer.
    If you think there are enough buyers out there that you can be lazy about selling your VX, then please continue as you are.

Simple supply and demand.

Would I use that list??
    As a seller - yes.
    As a buyer - I would pick the items that I was concerned about, and ask those specific questions. Not the full list.

However, all the above comments are just my opinion, and we all know what that is worth.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Is it folly to criticize it among our enthusiast membership? Bet the farm.

-V
    Settle down there V

I was just agreeing that I would not fill it out but I am not selling. After thinking about it if I were desperate to sell, had some free time, and thought it would help get a better price I would probably fill it out…

I assure you, VXR, I'm as settled as they come. Hence my choice of "folly" over "unintelligent," "stupid," or even "asinine."

We're all particular in one way or another about our VXs, and the questionnaire manages to address most of the areas prone to enthusiasts' scrutiny when looking for a new or replacement rig. Of course you know this, which probably contributed to your update here. And you being an experienced VXer yourself, I'm confident you would seek most of the answers prior to traveling a great distance to view or purchase another VX.

-V

Catskill, you just joined this forum to use it as a tool to sell your VX. I can tell you are getting irritated by some members suggestions already. It's too bad because I don't think anyone is trying to annoy you, they are just contibuting to this thread that you started to try to help you and tell you what has worked HERE in the past and how to minimize a giant thread full of questions. Saving you from 100's of emails all asking about those quirky things on the vx. Thinking it would take you less time just answering it all at once, and having it on the site as a reference to many potential buyers.
    I guess for anyone not interested in his VX, let's just leave this thread, hope he sells it and moves on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI