Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins...

Thanks guys! I like it!

V - I am running 40psi in the tires right now. They ride is OK, so I think I will stick with it for a while! As for the funny noise, it already happened! It scared the crap out of me, I thought I had a vibration or something but funny thing was I couldn't ever make it happen it was just random (during a HUGE wind storm). I read another post about fender liners buzzing and figured that must be it. Thanks for the heads-up though...I certainly was freaked when I first heard it!

JoFotoz - Thank you! An alignment is in the works this week. I am not going to be driving it until that happens! Thanks for the reminder, that would be something I would forget because I am so excited!
    '03 Honda CR-V (DD) - '05 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - '01 Ebony VX!

A smile is like tight underwear, it makes your cheeks go up!

I got a SWEET rack today in the mail from Breezy! Now I just have to figure out how to put it on ;-)

I haven't been spending much time on the VX as of late since I am prepping the Jeep for Moab. I have replaced rear axle shafts, tightened and lubed everything, and put on the soft-top today! I still have a tune-up and loose steering problem to track down and then she's ready to go!! Woo hoo, I can't wait!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Congrats on getting a new ( . ) ( . ) ......

Are you staying in Moab a few days after jeeping ...

...ya really should ...

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

J - doesn't look like I will be able to stay any longer in Moab My work won't be able to go without me for any longer, unfortunately. I would have loved to stay to meet some VXers!

Here's my new RACK!

Last edited by jeeperkate : 04/24/2012 at 04:52 PM

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Truck looks nice, and yes, you have a sweet rack too!!
    Vixer Fixer

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Bummer...

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperkate View Post
    J - doesn't look like I will be able to stay any longer in Moab My work won't be able to go without me for any longer, unfortunately. I would have loved to stay to meet some VXers!
    When does the jeep thing end...
    ..cause there are a few arriving early.

jo

My parts are traveling! I love that you already have the racks put on! VX looks pretty good.
    "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. -Romans 3:28

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Bummer...

When does the jeep thing end...
    ..cause there are a few arriving early.

jo
    I am not sure if we are leaving May 11th or 12th. It depends on how the week is going and how the Jeeps are running. There is a group of 7 of us coming from Minnesota so we stay in a pack just in case! If anyone is going to be there then shoot me a PM and maybe we can hook up!

BTW - Forgot to give a shout out to KAT for the directions for the rack. Thanks Kat!

We are arriving on the 12th. Look for a green Trooper and a black VX heading west through the Rockies on Saturday. Or on Friday, I will be driving to Des Moines, meeting Gill & CeCe from Chicago, then heading west to Denver.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeperkate View Post
    I am not sure if we are leaving May 11th or 12th. It depends on how the week is going and how the Jeeps are running. There is a group of 7 of us coming from Minnesota so we stay in a pack just in case! If anyone is going to be there then shoot me a PM and maybe we can hook up!

BTW - Forgot to give a shout out to KAT for the directions for the rack. Thanks Kat!
    Your leaving Moab the 11th or 12th or MN?
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Me too...

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    We are arriving on the 12th.
    ...should be on the stoop by early afternoon on the 12th.

jo

Sorry - we are leaving Moab on the 11th or 12th If we are still there, I will swing by...but I really doubt it. SAD!

I hope I pass a few of you on the road.

If you see a conga line of Jeeps & one 4runner and you have a CB, tune into channel 4 and give me a shout out!

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    My parts are traveling! I love that you already have the racks put on! VX looks pretty good.
    There's an ap for .... ooops .... there's a thread for that:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...t=shared+parts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Latest and greatest - Betty got new brake pads and rotors last night all the way around. Also, the rear passenger brake caliper was replaced after making quite the rusty mess out of my brake pad!

Next up - T-case fluid change, trans fluid change, and about darn time we get to cladding restoration and shock change-out!

I am in the midst of triathlon season, so it's tough to get to working on vehicles! Betty is taking me down to St. Cloud, MN this weekend to swim/bike/run my butt off.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Triathlon joke of the day:
    A triathlete was walking around in town one day when his friend, another triathlete, rode up on an incredible shiny new bike. The first chap was stunned and asked, "Where did you get such a fantastic bike?" The friend replied, "Well, yesterday I was out running in the forest just minding my own business when this beautiful woman rode up to me on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want!" The first chap nodded approvingly, "Good choice. The clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."