So, When I bought my VX a few weeks back, I noticed it did have a few issues. I wanted one bad enough and was aware that I would be taking on some issues with a car that is over 10 years old. I should preface this post with saying that YES... I DID SEARCH and found a few things that sort of relate to some of the issues I have, but there were no solutions so I'm looking for a bit of help.

The VX has manual hubs installed by owner # 1
The ABS light is on (has been for years judging by owner # 1's old posts
The entire TOD display on the dash is out.

Other than a "whuring" noise (sounds like a wheel bearing but prob. not) the rig performs well.

My questions are- with manual hubs, should it be in 4wd on the hub during all normal driving? How does having manual hubs affect the TOD system if at all?

Judging by previous posts, alot of people unplug the tod setup under the passenger seat. Would this make the TOD display not light up as well? Also, what happens if it was plugged back in?

I'm trying to address the "Whuring noise" asap, then at least figure out what the deal is with the TOD not lighting up and if that's "Okay", then I can try to deal with the ABS. Obviously the goal is to fix everything and do the needed maintenence before things get out of hand. I'd like to keep it for a VERY long time. Any help would be great. Thanks!!