Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I Hate...usps.

I have had magazines arrive that looked like they went through a shredder (luckily most publishers will replace them free)...and almost all look as if they were read by everyone at the postal service! I love those publishers that plastic wrap!

And don't get me started on airline bagage handlers!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    GOOD NEWS.... I hope!

They have finally ( after I went "postal" on them !!)..
    ...found my package, albeit torn and split.

I should get it in a day or so.

FINGERS CROSSED its all OK.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rock. The hell. On.

That is all,
    -V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    FINGERS CROSSED...

sorry to hear about your troubles with the postal service, a lot of problems come the post office management making people work so fast so they can save money.

as in the dash that was forgotten about, most post offices have an area of shelves set up for parcels that have been left notice, say the parcel is set in a different place because it doesnt fit on the shelf, they go through the shelves everyday and write reminder notices for people to come pick their package up after it has been there a certain amount time, but if this is in a different spot this might not happen, one of the big problems though is the "left notice" slips, these things are miniature and this causes them to be lost or dropped, sometimes people dont even know they get them because they get stuck to other pieces of mail. on lost items, really, on pacels, its way under 1%, the reason the post office is so bad at tracking is because of the lack of automation on their tracking, its almost all done by hand. on something scanned delivered thats not, i can say the biggest reason that happens is the scanners are set up where when you scan an item, the delivered selection is right next to the attemped selection, with the scanners being sooo slow, they run windows on them, and us having to work so fast, we dont have time to wait on the scanner so you think you hit the right key combination and you might pick delivered and not know it.

and finally on the magazines being shredded, this is a big problem right now in the post office, this has to do with the automated sorting machines that the post office is starting to deploy. the overwhelming majority of stuff goes through fine, but depending on the cover of the magazine and the thickness of the magazine sometimes the machine decides it wants a magazine for lunch and eats it, or a large portion of it, like today i noticed about 3 or 4 covers where, i only had the cover page with the address on it, the rest of the magazine was missing.

Wink

I'm afraid it's only going to get worse; my brother works @ a mail distribution site and the USPS is closing down alot of them (his has officially been closed) to supposedly consolidate them and be more efficient with the smaller load due to email & competition. He says that the remaining sites will now be over-taxed and under-staffed so people depending on medical deliverys are not going to get their prescriptions promptly and over-all service will suffer. We'll just have to see....but, if it gets worse than what you are experiencing....that's hard to fathom!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

I beg to differ

The USPS is highly over staffed for the workload. The main reason it is so inneffective is Government rules that remained even when it was privitized and an out of control Government Union that protects eliminating unnecesary jobs. I have dealt with Post Offices all over the country mailing millions of packages. I have seen Post Masters that think they are god. Untrained employees that insist on doing things in a way the USPS actual doesn't allow. Refusal to listen when you give them the actual facts and where they can find it in the DMM. And an overall preference to saying no to a customer instead of working with the customer.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Unfortunately, it's not just USPS. I've had a package on it's way to Canada for the last three weeks via UPS. I actually called the UPS 1-800# to ask about required customs forms before sending it on it's way, and it STILL got held up in customs limbo.

If the USPS ever sees fit to incorporate some form of international tracking I will NEVER use UPS's international services again.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    GREAT NEWS !!

Its arrived!!!

Package is all torn and re-bound...

...but the 3rd seems all good.

PHEW!!!

Happy Boy....

jo

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    And the celebration begins...nice work getting them to get on it Jo!
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    GREAT NEWS !!

Its arrived!!!

Package is all torn and re-bound...

...but the 3rd seems all good.

PHEW!!!

Happy Boy....

jo
    I do believe that this situation calls for multiple libations made with Rum...

Grats Bro...

Excellent.

Thirds have to be packed pretty carefully to avoid destroying the box they are in.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Woohoo! Great news! You will love the increase in acceleration and slightly better gas mileage believe it or not :-)

I too received a package today I thought was lost. Sea Mail from Australia, took 14weeks to get here. It was sent on Dec 15, 2011 haha :-) glad it got it though. It was $220 for 2 deep tissue massagers.