Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Looking for an opinion ...

Thank you for your efforts at keeping us all informed. I know it's a pain, but we all appreciate it very much.
    Return evil for evil to no one...as far as it depends upon YOU, be peaceable with all men. Romans 12:17, 18

Chapter II

Today begins a new chapter in this story.

I planned to make my phone calls to the Ceder Rapids lawyers this week - no later than Friday to start the civil part - and to the district attorney where the seller lives so they can file their own charges ...

When I got home tonight and checked and had two enjoyable pieces of email. One from Coop - a VX'r in Atlanta, and one from the Postal Inspectors office. Seems the 20" Wheel/Tire seller lied about the other buyer skipping out on him. He ripped him off too, to the tune of about 2300 bucks! Ebay allowed the tires/rims to be re-auctioned - and that's how I got involved to the tune of 1500+ bucks. After he kept my money and RELISTED them again - I called Ebay directly to complain about the potential for another Ebayer to get ripped off - thats when THEY pulled the plug on him. If the first seller complained to Ebay - and the allowed the second, then third auction of those wheels to take place - then Ebay is definitely in the WRONG on this ( IMHO ) at any rate - I verified the validity of the email - phoned the Inspectors office to confirm I will be speaking live with them tomorrow. The email stated that if I kept my correspondence with the seller, then my case could be added to the one in process. : ) Of course I did. Add to that - a different seller that wrote me to complain that as a buyer this dude was a dud too to the tune of 800 bucks.

So - for those counting - the sellers current tally is 2300 + 1500 + 800 = 4600!

The party is just starting ...

I do love a lynching... expecially when we are kept updated!

Please, let us know how it goes tomorrow!

Well Dyanni it appears that now you have the wheels of justice rolling in the right direction. The cards are stacked against the guy who ripped you off, The process may be long and frustrating, but I predict in the end you will prevail.
    NAVIGATOR

Talked to the fed today and he told me to calm down. He reminded me the wheels of justice turn slooooooooooooooooowly. Okay Okay - I've only had to wait 2 months to get to this point. The ORIGINAL buyer of the rims was cheated 4 months ago. Those ebay newbies won the set for 2300 bucks - sent a check that was subsequently cashed, then started getting the run around. "I'm having the wheels cleaned ... I'm having the tires conditioned ... I'm getting a good set of boxes to ship them in ... " after a while, the seller stopped responding to them. They did not know the rules about negative feedback so never posted. That's how I got ripped off. They did complain to Ebay however who launched their little investigation thing, and told them they were too late to do anything about it.

The fed dude said the dot the i's and cross all the t's before they pursue a federal case - but this one looked good for proceeding. This weekend, when I get home, I will foward all the info I have on it to him. I wonder if I should still pursue him through the local district attorney/civil lawyers ... Would that impede the other process ???

Angry

I would ask the feds that question.
    I admire you for your calm yet resolute demeanor. I wish I possesed those admirable traits. By now I would have hunted the "poor excuse for a human being" down like a dog and skinned him alive. Go for the jugular!
    Good Luck!!

Jim

Cool

dyanni:

Sorry to hear of your woes with this. Just a thought, after looking back over all the postings and responses on this thread. If you have not already done so, you might want to print-out alot of this dialogue.

#1 it tracks with your experience and you have some very clear descriptions of what's gone down. As well as other testimonials and responses.

#2 this thread dates all postings, so it provides an official record of the chronology of events.

This is for everyone. I've not had much time to listen to the local Clark Howard Consumer Action Show on AM 750 in Atlanta, but occasionally I do hear him rant about PayPal & EBay getting worse at handling fraud. For example, this item comes from his radio braodcast this past Monday (http://clarkhoward.com/shownotes/2003/01/06.html):

"Phony escrow services scamming you!
    Over the last 18 months, Clark has warned people about doing business with Ebay, the world’s dominant auction site. People who use ebay and other auction sites get ripped off repeatedly by bogus auction sellers. As a safe zone, Clark has recommended that you use an escrow service. These services hold your money for a fee, and when you receive the merchandise the escrow service releases the money to the seller. Well, these services could be just as dangerous. The latest crime in the auction world is phony escrow services. The number of phony services has topped the 200 mark, according to the Chicago Tribune. One teenager in Alberta, Canada set up one of these services and took an average of $3,000 from people who sent him money. His parents thankfully have set up a restitution plan to have their son pay people back. But he’s just one of many. You need to know the rules of the game. If you are a buyer, you are covered up to $200 usually with most auction sites. But if you use the auction site’s own escrow service, you will have more protection. Just make sure they are legitimate according to the Better Business Bureau. If you are a seller, verify addresses before you ship merchandise to someone."

Stake your revenge here!! www.ebayersthatsuck.com

At least you can vent there a little!!!
    3C FORMERLY VX #1876
    www.triple-cs.com