Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an opinion ...

There's an easy fix. Go to your credit card company (you did use a cc on PayPa didn't you... you should always!) and do a charge back for lack of merchandise. Forget about PayPal... they will jerk you around until it's too late for you to get your money back (you have 60 days). Do this right now, as this guy is a jerk. Had to do the same thing myself once.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Check with paypal about a chargeback. I did pretty good with the same kind of problem awhile back. Got my money back and reported the individual to the attorney general from his area. Good Luck!
    Stick with what works.

I think it's interesting how he doesn't get even, he gets head.

Well, he may also get a little in the slamma!!!

Unhappy Overwhelming Emotions

My first response is outrage, then comes frustration, then, disappointment in individuals among the human race, (of which I am not. Did I ever mention that I'm an alien? It's a choice. hahahaha)

I think you were thinking very clearly to keep all of this guy's emails because they are the best weapon you have. Funny how he's shooting himself in the foot and can't even see that he's the one holding the gun. I'm sure ebay will be just as outraged by the misuse of their site as we are. I also think that in leaving your negative feedback for this "morally challenged" individual, you should make it clear that the low rating you are giving is in relation to a legal issue and not just one of personal differences. That would scare me off from buying from anyone.

I must commend you on your quick action and for sending the letters, both sides, to ebay so they can see for themselves what has happened. I'm sure they won't let us down, but will step in and straighten things out. They will see that you acted in good faith by sending in the money in the allotted time and that the seller simply got greedy and changed his mind.

(This is just a little aside. I'm a bit of a people watcher. I like to figure out why humans do and say things in certain ways and at certain times. I think that when someone accuses us of certain personality flaws, generally, the accuser is the one who suffers from them. I could be way off here, but did you notice that he accused you of being greedy about $174, yet, by the same token, he refuses to sell you the wheels in a legally binding contract without that $174? <shrug> Things that make you go "Hmm".)

You WILL get your money back. Believe that, and then don't stop until you do. All your friends here are behind you. Go get 'em Tiger!!!

PS Your responses sounded very mature and well thought out, vs. his emotionally charged and orthographically-challenged ones.
    Return evil for evil to no one...as far as it depends upon YOU, be peaceable with all men. Romans 12:17, 18

Leah,
    You and your writings are so profound!! Being in the business that I'm in, I have developed quite a data base for certain profiles and this little rat fits in to some of the best of them. I fear that the most basic levels of morality are very few and far between in some of the population of this planet and the numbers keep growing.
    I agree with Leah, "Go get 'em tiger!" Good luck! With your professionalism and attitude, you will prevail!
    Scott / moncha.com

GRRRRR!

Makes me want to get a new name and bid them up. Zero feedback of every bidder..hint hint hint. I bet we could find a lot of zero feedbacks around here. Bet there would be alot of zero senders to.

Don't give up on eBay because of one jerk. I just bought a Isuzu Amigo off of eBay, and I love it.

Deby
    Improve the desert.... plant a Sierra Club Member!

make sure you post a negative feedback! That is the worst thing to have on eBay!

Thumbs down

Guess it did not work out?...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1872012305

What a DICK.

Oh well did you get your money back??

-Dave

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Angry

Jack him up Dyanni..

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

relisted them

Looks like he relisted them on eBay with a buy it now of $1,500.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1872012305

Amazingly, he then has the guts to put it as a private auction. That way no one from here can warn the innocent person purchasing them that they have been sold at least once before.

This is just WRONG!

Geeeeez. Relisted! I have to laugh. I submitted a fraud complaint against the seller - seems to have outed himself on Ebay - since he chose to relist. Ebay says they take up to 24 hours to respond to a fraud complaint. One hour from now will be 24 hours. I do not think this auction will go to the end. That plug will be pulled. I got the direct number to paypal to see what they can do for me - if anything.

Will let you guys know what comes of it. This is a miserable feeling.

I definatly second not getting wheels over the internet or through auctions,If you have a warranty issue with your wheels you will have a hard time getting it handled unless it goes through the same place they were purchased
    01VX

another website, same rims

dyanni,
    Thought you'd like this info too. At another website I visit some one noticed and linked those rims from eBay. I very quickly linked the same rims to here and this post. I found it funny to read their comments. Thought you all would find it funny too.

http://www.4x4wire.com/ubb/ultimateb...;f=68;t=008786

Deby

Why is the auction still going?? I guess eBay isn't doing anything... so much for their policy. Someone has to setup a fake acount and place a $1,000,000.00 bid so the guy would get hit with the final value eBay fees :-) Anyone? Bueller?

Well - I thought deep and hard about posting negative feeback until Ebay finishes whatever they do in a situation like this - but this morning when I saw the latest bid was close to his asking price, I had to post feedback. I did - and as he promised, he provided me negative feedback as well. But I have proof I contacted him within two days. His "counter" feedback - is simply, proveably(sp?) untrue - and I am confident Ebay will remove that feedback against me - when they read his extortion attempt to keep me from posting against him. I did get in touch with Ebay voice - who said they can do nothing till whatever is in progress finishes, but they made a note on my case that the goods were relisted and currently active. I hope they don't let it go to the end - that would be wrong on their part - me thinks.

I'll keep you posted.