Thread: The newest addition to my car family.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking The newest addition to my car family.

Well I have owned her for 4 months now, but she is still the newest addition. Just forgot to share with ya guys. Its's a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon. Been working on her little by little. The rack is not permanent, just went camping and forget to take it off. I love this thing, its faster then my old S2000 and extra fun to drive. Not as fun as the S2000 due to the AWD, but that AWD handles heck a lot better. She is kicking 285hp, at stage 2 with a full borla exhaust all the way to the headers, with a K&N filter and STI intercooler. I would like to add a few more extras soon. Dropping it is my next project.
    -Here are some pic's:

My other baby is in her cave down the driveway .

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

congrats on the new ride...

...i love that color.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by frakkin toaster View Post
    congrats on the new ride...

...i love that color.
    thank you bro

We can finally agree on something Coastie. Very nice.

What downpipe is it running? At stg2, it has to have one if you want to avoid doing damage. What stg2 package/map too?

Now slap some wheels on there, get some Swift Sport springs, and F/R sways and you will see just how well an AWD wagon can handle.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    We can finally agree on something Coastie. Very nice.

What downpipe is it running? At stg2, it has to have one if you want to avoid doing damage. What stg2 package/map too?

Now slap some wheels on there, get some Swift Sport springs, and F/R sways and you will see just how well an AWD wagon can handle.
    lol, we can my friend , I'll find out for you mae. I'm not 100% on all that has been done to it, but what i do know so far is that it is set on the computer to be on stage 2 and it has a full borla exhaust from the headers to the exhaust, and it has the bigger STI intercooler. Like i said i'll go take a full look and see what has been completely done to it. I do want some nice rims, but not sure if i want to go for gold or those stock gray/gunmetal rims that the 08 WRX comes with, i love those rims.

-How much drop can ya get with swift sport springs? and what sways do u think i should get?

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Rally Racing...Subaru... perfect fit .

Looks great, nice driving lights. I had a legacy GT once , I didn't care for it probably because it was auto and I had STi envy. I did have a lot of fun working on it & adding all the preformance upgrades. We'll see, I might end up with a WRX or STi one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post

We'll see, I might end up with a WRX or STi one of these days.
    You won't get any arguments from me! I'm currently agonizing over what to do with the old 2.5RS. I love that car and I can't find anything else like it anymore. But there's hardly a lick of paint left on it, it needs a transmission overhaul and now I've got an exhaust leak somewhere.

Sooo....yeah... if anyone's got a line on a nice Impreza, I'm in the market...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    You won't get any arguments from me! I'm currently agonizing over what to do with the old 2.5RS. I love that car and I can't find anything else like it anymore. But there's hardly a lick of paint left on it, it needs a transmission overhaul and now I've got an exhaust leak somewhere.

Sooo....yeah... if anyone's got a line on a nice Impreza, I'm in the market...
    The 2000 Impreza 2.5RS coup with a widebody is my fav. Subaru. I just wish that made the WRX or STI in the states.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Well, im envious. My dream car set up at this point is a pearl white 11-12 wrex in the driveway and a kaiser VX in the garage

maybe when i get my 'big boy job'....
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

owned a wry for over 6 years before i bought my vx. Great car! rode it hard. I would highly not recommend lowering it. Maybe just tighten up the suspension with upgraded parts. I unfortunately lowered mine and took much away from it. I t did look good though.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post

Looks great, nice driving lights. I had a legacy GT once , I didn't care for it probably because it was auto and I had STi envy. I did have a lot of fun working on it & adding all the preformance upgrades. We'll see, I might end up with a WRX or STi one of these days.
    I like the gt's, but there are to big for my taste. If they made an STI version, that would be sick.

That so sick. I didn't know they made those in the states. I thought they where just conversions or something like that. Are they fast?

Hey wormgod, k i went and looked at it. It's got a Perrin Downpipe, k&N filter, Accessport, and single Borla exhaust with dual tips, as you can see in the pic's. Now for the up pipe and Headers, can't see it until i get it on a lift to see underneath better. What do you think about the Perrin brand? Is it a good brand? I'm new to the WRX world, so I'm clueless about these cars.

Perrin is a fine product. Unsure of the quality of their downpipes, but their FMICs are of good quality. I wouldnt be too concerned about the headers, but it might be nice to know what your uppipe is.

So you are mapped via Cobb AccessPort? Did the device come with the car? If so, make sure you register it online with Cobb so you can continue to get updated maps. You never know when it was last updated and flashed.

Still, sounds like a good deal.