Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: values of vx's going up?

Question values of vx's going up?

when i started looking at vx's a few months ago it seemed there were a few in the $5-7k range. i have ebay updates every day + i check cl weekly only to find that they are in $9-12k. an occasional junker/project comes up cheap but i would like to find a decent one in proton. is it me, or are prices going up for some reason?

I think Roslin's energy policies are driving up the price of tillium. This would clearly to used car prices going up...

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

I think it is way too soon to assume they are going up. That fact that you are seeing people ASK for high prices doesn't mean they are actually making the sale at that price. The only datapoint I am aware of that shows a VX going for a surprisingly high number for its mileage is the recent sale of a 130k+ miles VX for $8K. That one sale doesn't indicate a trend in what typical buyers will pay, but that one sale could have affected three or four sellers asking price if they are participants or lurkers on this site. Shorter answer: I doubt it, but as a guy lackadaisically tyring to sell a VX, I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by atilla_the_fun View Post
    I think Roslin's energy policies are driving up the price of tillium. This would clearly to used car prices going up...
    if this trend continues the colonial squadron will have no choice but to add these vehicles to its battlefleet

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    yeah, i saw that & its pretty much what im looking for but more then im looking to pay for one at this time. thx tho

Quote Originally Posted by Osteomata View Post
    I think it is way too soon to assume they are going up. That fact that you are seeing people ASK for high prices doesn't mean they are actually making the sale at that price. The only datapoint I am aware of that shows a VX going for a surprisingly high number for its mileage is the recent sale of a 130k+ miles VX for $8K. That one sale doesn't indicate a trend in what typical buyers will pay, but that one sale could have affected three or four sellers asking price if they are participants or lurkers on this site. Shorter answer: I doubt it, but as a guy lackadaisically tyring to sell a VX, I hope so.
    there are a couple here on the dfw cl that have been on & off for months in the $8-10K range. ones on ebay that have bids usually end around the $5-7k range but not always meeting the sellers minimum.

Protons are usually the most expensive. If you'll settle for another color it'll be cheaper. Buy an astral and paint it proton. LOL! Astral are usually the most available color.
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

With all the "CARS" program losses and (to me) a rash of crashed vehicles, I gotta think one of these days will see a rise in selling price.

Since DFW is a hot-weather town, it's hard to imagine anyone paying high prices for a vehicle best suited for offroading and snow. OTOH, there's lots of off-roads in Texas.

The bigger issue is "collectability". With only 4k units imported -- combined with age and the number of losses, you gotta think the amount remaining isn't that high anymore. Maybe 3k units? Maybe less?

At some point, the people who really want one gotta outweigh the quality of units remaining. (I'm also a big believer that few people understand how to properly take care of a collectable -- let alone a vehicle you want to keep many years.) IOW, even of the units remaining, there's a much smaller percentage in primo condition.

The hard part is figuring out which $5-$7 sales are for vehicles that should have gone for more, which ones were really in need of care, and how many really well-kept units are still around.

The one that surprises me most is the eBay sale of a SC VX with less than 80k miles for less than $10k asking price. Maybe the engine isn't in such great shape????

Keep asking a good price guys...One of these days....One of these days!!!

89V
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

I know you'll all call me an extreme optimist, but i'm still hoping that the auto market picks up like crazy and my favorite makers make a comeback (i.e. HUMMER and Isuzu). Also, technology would need to make leaps and bounds. It ticks me off that a 100mpg electric H3 was ready for market and they still were forced to shut it down.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by H3_VX View Post
    Protons are usually the most expensive.
    Sorry H3_VX but how do you conclude that protons are more expensive because of the color ?

Colors doesn't affect the price of a vehicule,is just a matter of personal taste,that's why cars are painted in hundred of different colors.

Back in 1999 isuzu choose the silver,the white and the black because they are the most popular colors out there,then the yellow,the green,the gunmetal ( kaiser silver ) and the firefox ( burgundy ) were added to amplify the range of customers that will be driven to purchase a VX in the color of their taste.

I just wonder why isuzu didn't include the red color
    Dakar was just the begining.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)

100mpg electric

Quote Originally Posted by H3_VX View Post
    I know you'll all call me an extreme optimist, but i'm still hoping that the auto market picks up like crazy and my favorite makers make a comeback (i.e. HUMMER and Isuzu). Also, technology would need to make leaps and bounds. It ticks me off that a 100mpg electric H3 was ready for market and they still were forced to shut it down.
    You have to remember to take these reports with a grain of salt. First most of these are experimental and do not meet safety specs. Toyota just got a lawsuit decided against them for reporting 50 mpg on one of their cars that really got above 34 mpg. The govt allows higher mpg results for doing extra crap that does not affect mpg. Given the Hummers size I cant imagine they could get 100 mpg especially with an extra motor. Also I wouldnt look at an electric car unless they have a few hundred mile cruising trip. Currently the reports of range on the electrics are far higher than they get in real world situations. I would hate to run out of electricity and have to do a 10 hour fill up.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Sorry H3_VX but how do you conclude that protons are more expensive because of the color ?

Colors doesn't affect the price of a vehicule,is just a matter of personal taste,that's why cars are painted in hundred of different colors.

Back in 1999 isuzu choose the silver,the white and the black because they are the most popular colors out there,then the yellow,the green,the gunmetal ( kaiser silver ) and the firefox ( burgundy ) were added to amplify the range of customers that will be driven to purchase a VX in the color of their taste.

I just wonder why isuzu didn't include the red color
    I know colors don't dictate price, but alot of stealerships charge more for cars they know people are after. For example, I want a H2 SUT. They are as rare as Vehicri, so dealers charge $4-$5k more than KBB or Nada.

hmm, color rarity may be a slight factor...

...i dont think ive seen a proton under $8k.

PM sent.
    "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. -Romans 3:28