Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use their VX as a everyday vehicle?

I have only had mine for a few months so it is a little early to tell about problems but it is my daily driver and I love it... I go through cars like crazy I am never satisfied. I dont even ride my R1 anymore and beleive me that is saying something. I put about 6000 miles on my bike last year and less than 1000 this year. I just cant leave the VX in the garage. Its kinda like a sickness... I LOVE IT !!!!!! And yes you had better get used to other people gawking.... I get 2 or 3 people a week that come up and ask me about my car..... I LOVE IT !!! Or did I already say that.... Anyway I LOVE IT !!!!;Dr;

Thumbs up

I had mine a little over year. 59k miles and no major trouble. (knock,knock) Drive it everyday and make long drives on weekends. I have been offroading at least once every month or two and it's been Moab tested tough. No it is not the most economical vehice, but it's not that bad. You'll be happy. If you have any issues, you have this board and it's tremendously great members to support you and help with any problems.

See Gil, I didn't even mention the sinking puddle!
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

17k city miles and an everyday driver. Sometimes I call in sick to work just to give the VX a break from it all. We all know what PTO is, but what about VXTO? What ever happened to that?!
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

39k daily miles (26k put on by me). Love it. In fact, if my wife and I go somewhere, I pout if she wants to drive her Rodeo.

Originally posted by hchen
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati
    You might want to rethink that line, I know "urban culture" likes to denigrate education and all, but bragging about being a member of the illiterate probably won't impress.

Had 2 Zu's...

...Now the VX rules. The VX is more spacious than many compact vehicles, so it's not like owning a Ferrari where there is a definate loss in utility over sport styling. You can carry along the kids, haul groceries, fold down the rear seats for plywood etc, and still kick arse on the street and on the trails. So with all that said, it's the best all around multi-use vehicle I have ever owned.
    NAVIGATOR

51,000 miles- daily driver. I even drove a road trip from Missouri up to Alaska with no problems whatsoever. I pushed it to the limits driving for 40 hours straight, only stopping for gas or food. Then I think I found a trail and went off-roading for a half hour before finding a place to park and sleep. One draw back to the everyday driver thing is the SQUARE cup holder. I don't know how many times something has tipped over getting my power/winter buttons wet. Always keep some paper towels handy Great vehicle and thats a great deal! Not too many low milage VX's out there anymore. You'll love it!

Before you buy, take a look at the inside of the rims to look for the chrome bubbling, make sure your CD player works, check the power windows, and look at the hood insert to see if it has any small cracks. These are really the only known problems and you might be able to knock a few more dollars off your price if you find one.
    Last edited by AlaskaVX : 10/10/2003 at 11:52 AM
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

I've been using mine for long (90 mile each way) commutes for the last 2.5 years and it has been great. Driving comfort is fantastic, even after long drives I am never stiff. I am selling mine now though as I have just lost my job and can't afford to keep 2 vehicles any more- and unfortunately the Vehicross can't pull horses! Anyone looking let me know... I posted it on ebay last night. *sniff* I will miss it. Though I am officially a newbie, I have loved using this site for the last 6 months... I just never registered before. You all have been incredibly helpful and fun. The link is http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2436915438 or message me directly with any questions. I will literally be weeping if & when it actually sells.

Originally posted by AlaskaVX
    ... One draw back to the everyday driver thing is the SQUARE cup holder. I don't know how many times something has tipped over getting my power/winter buttons wet...
    Scott, can we get a cup with a sqaure bottom and air tight lid that won't tip over or spill with a VX.info logo on it? If sombody makes it, I'll buy it

Are you KIDDING? Ok, reality check here... this is an ISUZU. This is not a Mercedes, Ferarri, or an Aston Martin. I just picked mine up for 13K. I plan on using, and abusing it. But really, what other car can you buy in this price range that is this incredibly cool? And that is EXACTLY why I bought the Vehicross. I didn't want the payments of a high-dollar, rare vehicle, but I wanted something relatively economical and reasonably priced that still stood out. Buy it. Love it. Abuse it. This is the ULTIMATE daily driver. I mean, really... a reliable, reasonably priced car that you only see a carbon copy of... maybe once every year? Give me a break! Why would this NOT be a daily driver? Read the posts... the major problems are... headlight gaskets coming loose, windows sticking, CD changer going bad. I traded a Mercedes, which had electrical and transmission problems, for my Vehicross, There is NO reason why this car could not be used as a daily driver. It's basically a VERY cool Rodeo/Amigo. Enjoy your new ride!!!!

Spoken like a true VX owner! Well done, Aaron.
    And welcome aboard.

Originally posted by Aaron
    Are you KIDDING? Ok, reality check here... this is an ISUZU. This is not a Mercedes, Ferarri, or an Aston Martin. I just picked mine up for 13K. I plan on using, and abusing it. But really, what other car can you buy in this price range that is this incredibly cool? And that is EXACTLY why I bought the Vehicross. I didn't want the payments of a high-dollar, rare vehicle, but I wanted something relatively economical and reasonably priced that still stood out. Buy it. Love it. Abuse it. This is the ULTIMATE daily driver. I mean, really... a reliable, reasonably priced car that you only see a carbon copy of... maybe once every year? Give me a break! Why would this NOT be a daily driver? Read the posts... the major problems are... headlight gaskets coming loose, windows sticking, CD changer going bad. I traded a Mercedes, which had electrical and transmission problems, for my Vehicross, There is NO reason why this car could not be used as a daily driver. It's basically a VERY cool Rodeo/Amigo. Enjoy your new ride!!!!
    -=JAG!

Yep, daily driver for me too.. It's not very much at that but it's driven daily..
    I love the VX so much that it inspired me to create this web site and my wife says I couldn't qualify for the Betty Ford Clinic but, she would try to get me into the Henry Ford Clinic instead;eekr;
    Scott / moncha.com

Thumbs up Daily

I have driven my 2001 Foxfire 34k in the 1 1/2 years that it has owned me. Twice to Moab and back and a bunch on back roads or no roads. It has had a few small problems that the dealer corrrected.

My wife's 2001 Proton is driven daily also. It only has 1/2 the miles as mine and stays mostly on developed roads. Mostly.

Just buy one or two or three. Anyone got 3 yet?

Tru
    So on and on I go, the seconds tick the time out
    There's so much left to know, and I'm on the road to find out.

I have driven my 2001 Foxfire EVERDAY NOW HAS 39K in the 2 years that I have owned it. Two Moab trips and back and on back roads in ARIZONA or no roads. It has had a few small problems that the dealer corrrected First problem, the windows binding (both repaired under warranty), headlight gasket seals and a dead battery at 33,000 miles.

Second vehicle I've ever bought and don't think about selling. The first was a 68 Camaro 327.

One of the best SUV's I've ever owned. I drive it every day. It gets more looks than a Porsche 911. The only other thing that got as many looks was my wife on the back of my Harley.

Jeff
    Last edited by TucsonVX : 10/15/2003 at 07:21 PM

Daily 2x

Its my daily driver too. But my TL1000R shares in with 50% of the fun. I do take mine off-roading here in Arizona and get all wet and muddy. Wax it and added a few mods like a sunroof, dynamat, sub, amp, etc... Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes its my daily driver.... 50% of the time. MY TLR its my second daily driver. Can there be such a thing?