Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use their VX as a everyday vehicle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone use their VX as a everyday vehicle?

Hi everyone,
    I have a deposit on a mica green 2001 at a dealership and have to make up my mind to buy it by 12 noon Friday!!It has 11,000 original miles, very clean and maybe never off roaded. I got the dealership down to $17,000. I assume that is a good price?
    I was wondering if anyone has this as their only vehicle and uses it everyday? Any drawbacks to that?
    Any insight towards this or my purchasing it would be welcomed!!!
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Dave Future owner?!?!

I do. No problems so far. 20k miles. Just have to wash and wax a little more. Also, it's a pricey commuter. I'm seriously considering getting something a little more economical for day-to day, but I don't have any real complaints. Like they say "If you wanna dance, you gotta pay the band". Good luck!!
    Stick with what works.

The VX is an every day driver for me

No major problems at all!
    Live Free or DIE!

I got my 01 VX in Jan 03 and kept my previous daily-driver, a 94 nissan sentra but I have literally not driven it once since then.

got mine 2 months now & I use it daily 20 miles all highway. It's a bit too soon for me to talk of problems, so far so good!!!I love driving it . Only 2 drawbacks ....1) can be costly on the gas..2) you must get used to being stared at!............You will love the VX..buy it

I'm a huge fan of my VX. First vehicle I've ever bought and thought about never selling. Bought mine in 2001 and have put 35,000 miles on it.

No problems, except for the windows binding (both repaired under warranty), an engine code that was fixed under warranty with a firmware upgrade, and a dead battery at 33,000 miles.

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned. I drive it every day and love every minute of it.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Thumbs up

My VX is getting a little neglected as I have been riding my Ducati the last four days (I know this warm weather will end soon), but otherwise it's my daily driver year-round with the occasional rock-crawling/mud-flinging/puddle-jumping (O.K., puddle-SINKING... keep quiet Rich ). The VehiCROSS is the most amazing vehicle, and has been a joy to own!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Talking

I drive my VX daily. Yes, it may sting a bit in the pocket book, but overall, it's a small price to pay for a good set of wheels.

By the way, today (10/09/2003) is my VX's birthday.

I picked it up on a cold, rainy monday back in 2000 -- in San Antonio.

And like some of the newbies here, I posted on the old board about getting one and I had my share of questions.

With that said, much thanks to all of you who 'held my hand' back then -- 3 years!! Where'd the time go!?

-=JAG!

Had my VX since Oct 2000,a daily driver with 53k on the clock. So you might say it's more than just a daily driver.
    No major problems with the car ,,touch wood. Ther was of course the window binding but that was fixed.
    A beautiful machine built to drive well in traffic and out of traffic.
    A little steep on juice but with CA prices driving a Yugo would be considered steep.:D
    Never pack a gob****e there's always one waiting for you when you get there.

Thumbs up everyday

43k everyday. I don't have to drive far but everyday i go somewhere. Hey, 11k is nothing. i still owe more than that! i would love my VX more if i had not gotten screwed 2 months after i bought it. i think iam the only sucker on this board. i bought mine just before you could buy a new one for 1/2 the price. if i had owned it longer it might not have been such a shot in the foot. but when i tried to refinance my car loan and they laugh at me, it hurts. i love my VX but hate that i paid more than i should have. i have learned a valuable lesson about impulse buying. i would still have bought it but just not paid as much. go for the 11k. no need to even think about it. what are you waiting for? your only other options cost about 40k (FX anyone). enjoy.
    Hotwheels™ toy come to life.
    www.doubleadesign.com

My only wish is that I had discovered this board before buying mine, would have saved a good15K.
    Fellow impulse buyer. No Regrets.;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr;

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    I wanted a 2000 Ebony and ordered mine in October of 1999. Picked it up on May 15, 2000. I drive it everyday, put too many miles on it, but I have never regreted my purchase. It brings me just as much joy now as it did three years ago. I too have had the window problem, the gaskets coming apart on the headlights and a few other headaches, but the enjoyment I have had in return far outweighs the problems. My friends and family make fun of me because to this day because I still take long looks at it and sigh, happy that it is all mine.

My only advice is to make sure you have at reputable dealer service department (especially for warranty work) or at the least, a good and trusted independant mechanic.

Colmhd, we are neighbors - I'm in South Pasadena.

;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr;
    Last edited by Anita : 10/10/2003 at 08:33 AM
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

yup mine is my daily...my only ...haha. got it new in '99 and everything's been good but teh mileage and...window...and tranny leak but got that fixed. got 64,000 miles on it and going strong!

i beat it up too, i kick it when im mad and crash it into other cars if they dont get out of my way but it still runs like new. if you dont count the tire rubbing on the fenders and the doors call smashed in ...but i just reposition myself in my seat so it wont jab into my ribs. oh yea, and no windshield...so i got my race helmet on to block the wind and bugs.
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

Thumbs up Daily Driver

Hi everyone,
    Mine it a daily driver too. I love it!!!!!!!!!
    I sold my 4Runner(1990) for the VX. I found it on the internet in New Castle, DE. When I bought it, the dealer said that it was on the lot for 12 hours when I drove it off. Never looked back. The most fun to drive of any car that I have owned.

Howard

58000, daily driver... I love driving it everyday... it's good for all conditions, rain, snow, mud, perfectly dry... it's great..