That time again. Uncle Scam is writing us checks (hopefully not taking them!) for a small % of what we gave him all year and putting tiny smiles on our faces. So, what did you do with it or what are your plans?

Me....

Kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom renovations. Girlfriend moved in and since the housing market sucks for sellers, we decided to renovate instead of taking the loss on the market

Kitchen - Hardwood floors, all new paint and trim, kitchen appliances and furniture, lighting fixtures

Bathrooms - Porcelain tile flooring, new paint and trim, deep bathtubs, Victorian sinks, 1 piece toilets, lighting fixtures, large Victorian mirrors, nickel plated faucets, etc

Bedrooms (us and the boys) - new bedroom furniture, wall mount lcds, paint and trim, window dressing

Still considering going hardwood throughout the whole house, but we will have to wait and see. Some other rooms and locations we want to work on ( like the garage, which I have AMAZING plans for!). SO far, it's been about 90% DIY, with the help of an awesome contractor buddy of hers who helps for a modest fee in his spare time. Fun but hard work.

Also, a couple other toys I managed with the savings and returns....

Got into R/Cs again.... the g/f isnt so keen, but the boys love it. Bought and built the Grasshopper and Hornet for the boys. Good starter cars.

My babies. Tons of fun and hopped up like you wouldn't believe....

And finally, my nasty *** modded crawler....

Then finally, some new 30rd Magpul clips for my AR15 and a new replacement JL Audio sub amp for the VX.