Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Air/Fuel Controller Installed

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I have 0 cares
    so all those posts you make about karma are BS

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    Not in the least, I walk the earth doing the right thing as often as my imperfect self is able...

On the other hand...what you see in the mirror...

Not in the least, I walk the earth doing the right thing as often as my imperfect self is able...
    So as you “walk” the earth perhaps you should consider “walking” this site with the same philosophy

Wow, I like that.

Arrow

So as you “walk” the earth perhaps you should consider “walking” this site with the same philosophy
    It's become very apparent

To me at least

That you like to smack the hive, then step back in wonder & amazement, as you're being stung............
    Last edited by Ldub : 04/01/2012 at 01:45 PM

So as you ?walk? the earth perhaps you should consider ?walking? this site with the same philosophy
    (Sounds like you're expecting too much from "Mr. Turd in the punchbowl". After all...He says he's doing the best he can! LOL)

Though I'm skeptical that the VX is programmed too rich from the factory, I will be interested to see how the OP's modifications work. If it does help, I'll wonder if this mod is compensating for another issue (like O2 or MAF).

I think the bigger issue with going lean is to the converters. They die first. Engines can tolerate leaner than stoich burn ratios as lower loads. At WOT, it's a bad idea.

How is this much different than the IAT trick?
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

I never wanted one either.

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)
    The ozone holes being smaller could be due to the reduction in flurocarbons and the like since th 70's. I know us here in WEst Aus can lay claim to one of the bigger holes and some of the worlds highest UV.

I have kids so events of the future are something I think about, but in the end it's my kids that have to deal, and they will. I remember my gearhead Dad telling me during the 70's fuel crisis that I probably wouldnt be able to enjoy 'motoring' (as he quaintly put it) because there would be no fuel any more. Yet we still have fuel, and the air in a lot of cities is vastly better than it was in the past despite exponential population & vehicle growth...

I think there's enough of us doing our thang to make a planetary change happen, and that Global Warming is a fact, but I also believe the Ma Nature has many ways of restoring the balance of things, most of which we ain't even seen yet. And I'm quite sure the redress of the balance wont necessarily be pleasant either. If we were at the start of an Ice Age Global Cooling would be the catch cry OMG OMG!!

Currently I think its a bandwagon for anyone who wants media time, and a vehicle to gather sentimental support for politicians.

Dunno about there boys & girls but here close to 75% of the fuel price is govt tax - and it is levied as a % so the higher the price goes the more they rake in.
    But we digress .... How's the device working out?
    Last edited by Robbomaz : 03/31/2012 at 10:41 PM
    The answer is more power! What was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by 89Vette View Post
    (Sounds like you're expecting too much from "Mr. Turd in the punchbowl". After all...He says he's doing the best he can! LOL)

Though I'm skeptical that the VX is programmed too rich from the factory, I will be interested to see how the OP's modifications work. If it does help, I'll wonder if this mod is compensating for another issue (like O2 or MAF).

I think the bigger issue with going lean is to the converters. They die first. Engines can tolerate leaner than stoich burn ratios as lower loads. At WOT, it's a bad idea.

How is this much different than the IAT trick?
    Speaking for OUR ECU, which is probably programmed a little differently, when you hook up a bank of sensors and watch behavior you can see where the poor fuel consumption is coming from.
    At 20% TPS ign was +40 and A/F was 14.2, At 25% the ign was +12 and A/F was 12:1.......ANY kind of load saw these numbers, with the A/F dipping into the mid 11's at WOT. The system stays in closed loop a lot of the time and has knock sensing so the setup is odd to say the least.

So a lot of the time they are rich and retarded, and thirsty

We are nerdy enough to have got access to the tables in the ECU, but not nerdy enough as to read them & know what they mean.....

My Karma ran over his Dogma

Quote Originally Posted by Robbomaz View Post
    Speaking for OUR ECU, which is probably programmed a little differently, when you hook up a bank of sensors and watch behavior you can see where the poor fuel consumption is coming from.
    At 20% TPS ign was +40 and A/F was 14.2, At 25% the ign was +12 and A/F was 12:1.......ANY kind of load saw these numbers, with the A/F dipping into the mid 11's at WOT. The system stays in closed loop a lot of the time and has knock sensing so the setup is odd to say the least.
    Wow...Are you sure that's "normal" for the fleet of VX units? If so, it shows that the WOT circuit must be set to engage at 25% TPS. That's certainly possible -- as it's a "trick" for tuners to do this to make a performance tune/motor seem snappier. It also shows why the people getting the best MPG drive (and I quote) like a tennis ball is under the gas pedal.

Running in closed loop is normal. That's what all motors (should) do after open-loop warm-up. Closed loop means the O2 sensor is providing feedback to the ECM for correction of the fuel trim data.

14.2 is the correct stoic ratio for ethanol (E10). So, that part would be correct -- unless you were running 100% gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by 89Vette View Post
    Wow...Are you sure that's "normal" for the fleet of VX units? If so, it shows that the WOT circuit must be set to engage at 25% TPS. That's certainly possible -- as it's a "trick" for tuners to do this to make a performance tune/motor seem snappier. It also shows why the people getting the best MPG drive (and I quote) like a tennis ball is under the gas pedal.

Running in closed loop is normal. That's what all motors (should) do after open-loop warm-up. Closed loop means the O2 sensor is providing feedback to the ECM for correction of the fuel trim data.

14.2 is the correct stoic ratio for ethanol (E10). So, that part would be correct -- unless you were running 100% gasoline.
    Not a VX - hence 'our' ECU - Jackaroos. Four 3.5 manuals behave the same way.
    Well aware of it as a tuner trick - have done it - but not usually seen on OEM setups. Pretty much ditches everything from 25% TPS upwards.
    With O˛ and knock sensors it could be much leaner & more advanced a lot of the time
    The supercharged units are returning much better fuel economy than the stockers despite being driven with somewhat more *cough* enthusiasm

you like to smack the hive, then step back in wonder & amazement, as you're being stung
    Smack the hive

Being stung

You sir are delusional

sure pal, whatever you say

Smack the hive

Being stung

You sir are delusional
    They've got this new thing, it's called a metaphor...
    Last edited by Ldub : 04/02/2012 at 06:04 PM

What does a bullfighter have to do with this?