Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Air/Fuel Controller Installed

Air/Fuel Controller Installed

I just recently installed an APEXI Neo Air/Fuel controller in response to the $4+ gas price. I believe that our cars run rich from the factory. By controlling the Air Flow, I can lean out the mixture using less fuel and also probably gaining a few hp. I'm still waiting for my wideband O2 sensor so I can properly tune this thing. Wiring was straight forward. The only problem I ran across is that the Service Manual states that the MAF wire signal was yellow but actually, it was blue.
    In the future, I will be using a more advanced piggy back for my turbo project.
    I know you guys love pics....:

Looks/sounds good, but is it causing a CEL?

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

No CEL. The CEL you see is for my IAT. I have an OBD II scanner.

wouldnt you need two wideband o2 sensors?one for each side either before or after the cats

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)
    4 bux a gal hey? Buck sixty/litre here - $6.40/gall.....
    The answer is more power! What was the question?

Yeah, but you're not sitting on several gazillion barrels of the stuff.

(And the way this so-called "Administration" is handling our energy policies, you wouldn't think we were, either.)

-V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Yeah, but you're not sitting on several gazillion barrels of the stuff.

(And the way this so-called "Administration" is handling our energy policies, you wouldn't think we were, either.)

-V
    Could be. OTOH, what if the GUYS (vs guy) at the top were really convinced we were on the cusp of environmental disaster (global warming) as a result of the carbon emissions.

If they (all government) really felt that way, it might be easiest to force consumers into more efficient (lower emissions) vehicles by letting the price of fuel go up.

Also, remember any reduction in prices as a result of the release of reserves would be short-lived. So, any (yes, ANY) president looking to easy this issue before an election might wait until closer to election time before instituting such measures.

(If you couldn't tell, I'm prejudiced against all politicians since they all appear self-absorbed.)
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

Global Warming!!!

All a bunch of BS. The planet has had ice ages and Hotter spells ever since the magma cooled. The planet sits on an axis that fluctuates between 23 and 23 and 1/2 degrees. In addition its orbit around the sun fluctuates from closer and neerer affecting the planet temp as well as the sunspots affecting the temp on the sun by thousands of degrees. The deserts we now have at times were on the shore or had lush plant life. Some of the mountains were below the oceans surface and some of the ones below the surface used to be above. Considering that there were also no effective ways of measuring the temp back then the worry of a few degrees is silly and to place the blame on man made activities is non scientific to say the least. If you want you can send all your money to Al Gore and the Soldrinya but quit sending mine.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    All a bunch of BS. The planet has had ice ages and Hotter spells ever since the magma cooled. The planet sits on an axis that fluctuates between 23 and 23 and 1/2 degrees. In addition its orbit around the sun fluctuates from closer and neerer affecting the planet temp as well as the sunspots affecting the temp on the sun by thousands of degrees. The deserts we now have at times were on the shore or had lush plant life. Some of the mountains were below the oceans surface and some of the ones below the surface used to be above. Considering that there were also no effective ways of measuring the temp back then the worry of a few degrees is silly and to place the blame on man made activities is non scientific to say the least. If you want you can send all your money to Al Gore and the Soldrinya but quit sending mine.
    It is a fact the earth is currently warming. I think it is BS that people on both sides of the issue use it as a political/economic argument. Weather you blame it on nature or man melting polar ice and a rise in ocean levels is a valid concern.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    It is a fact the earth is currently warming. I think it is BS that people on both sides of the issue use it as a political/economic argument. Weather you blame it on nature or man melting polar ice and a rise in ocean levels is a valid concern.
    EVERYONE RUN...we're all gonna DIE...

Well...SOME day anyway...

Some of us, sooner than others.

The trick is...be ready, willing, & able to die at a moments notice...dirt

Cuz that's all the notice a lot of us are gonna get.

Sorry JDM, I dunno how it got jak'd to this point, but I cunna resist...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    EVERYONE RUN...we're all gonna DIE...
    Good one

Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    Good one

I think it's pretty naive to think all the carbon waste we put in the environment gets "absorbed" and causes zero damage.

I'm no expert or Al Gore fanatic (since I'm driving a Corvette and VX), but I think trivializing the issue is ignorant -- to say the least.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 89Vette View Post
    I think it's pretty naive to think all the carbon waste we put in the environment gets "absorbed" and causes zero damage.

I'm no expert or Al Gore fanatic (since I'm driving a Corvette and VX), but I think trivializing the issue is ignorant -- to say the least.
    Yeh...I'm ignorant as hell...

But on the plus side for me...I've never even wanted to own a vette...not even when I was 11......

And to be a bit more Burnsian...(Frank)...I have 0 children, I have reproduced 0 times, I have 0 heirs, &...to top that list...

I have 0 cares...what will be, will be...don't believe a word of it, matters not to me, for some day...

worm food... we all shall be...
    Last edited by Ldub : 03/30/2012 at 10:16 PM

It is also a fact that the ozone "holes" are smaller than they were in the 70's.

JDM - update us with your results.