Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post
If you cut them you will reduce the vehicle's roll resistance, and also increase road noise considerably. FYI.
Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post
How do I know about the noise factor? If you recall, way back when I started this discussion, my spring helpers were completely MIA. The only thing left was the mounting plates and bolts. So I phoned Merlin right up and for $48.00/each I got two new ones. I put them on, and voila the truck was quieter going down the road. Even my wife, with out prompting, said what did you do to quiet things down. So, that's how we know. Before versus after, it's simple.
I agree on the roll resistance issue, not only is it perfectly explainable (there's nothing there for the vehicle to lean on through turns) but I have driven my VX hard enough to tell the difference now that I've cut the stops. I've been debating putting the stock dampers/helpers/stops on since I now have the 1.5" Daystar spacers to soften the bumps. It is a little scary at high speed...

On the other hand I've cut the stops in two different VX's now and can tell you that in my "before versus after" experience there is no increase in road noise whatsoever. The only thing I can figure is perhaps you were hearing your suspension travel more, which for some reason is noisy on your VX?