Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VX-O2 Petersen Meet and Greet - LA

VX-O2 Petersen Meet and Greet - LA

Ok...just got back in touch with the Petersen Museum in LA. They would like to know if we'd like to come see the VX-O2 again. I need some dates. I'll throw a few out and keep them on Saturdays

Saturdays:
    May 12, 19, or 26th. Let me know ASAP so we can lock it in. I'll get more info as soon as we confirm the number of people interested.
    Call me a geek, or maybe even nerd, but face the facts, we da ones be rulin' this world!

We can toss in June 2 for those comin' back from Moab too. Just easier to vote with fewer dates to choose from. Otherwise everyone will choose a different Saturday and it'll be a tie with 1 vote.

You should add a poll at the top so people can vote for a date!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Great idea...but I don't know how you do that.

Just got an email back from the Petersen. They are fine with making it in July. They are under new management so they are trying to put the VX into rotation so that we don't have to pay the "Vault" fee. that's why they need a date from us. It's $2500 to book a vault tour now. But they need advance notice and go through management to put it onto the floor. Any interests?
    Last edited by Baldwin : 04/04/2012 at 11:57 AM

How far is Phoenix from LA? I'll be there one more time early in May and could drive out if it's not too far. Keep in mind I once drove 8 hours round trip from SC to Atlanta after work to pick up a set of Borbet rims, so my definition of "too far" is pretty flexible.

About 5 hours each way from Phx...give or take an hour depending on LA location.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    About 5 hours each way from Phx...give or take an hour depending on LA location.
    Billy, it's 489 miles from Tucson...446 miles for me....and 726 miles from Moab....um.....how in the world do you make it in 5 or even 6 hrs?
    It always takes me 8 hrs. I'm not paying that kind of speeding ticket!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I'd love to do it in May, but it seems like a lot of VX'ers can't make it due to Moab. Would love for as many of you to be able to experience the VX-O2. I'm going to tell them July and let them work out a date that the can get it onto the floor. I just need some commitments so they can justify the rotation. If only 3 of us show up and they do everything they can to put it into rotation, we might not get another opportunity in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    How far is Phoenix from LA? I'll be there one more time early in May and could drive out if it's not too far. Keep in mind I once drove 8 hours round trip from SC to Atlanta after work to pick up a set of Borbet rims, so my definition of "too far" is pretty flexible.
    More like 5 1/2 to 5 3/4 hours, with one stop. I just MOVED back to Orange County from Phoenix (Adios, big dry gulch!), so I've done the drive recently; virtually the same to OC or El Lay...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanzman View Post
    More like 5 1/2 to 5 3/4 hours, with one stop. I just MOVED back to Orange County from Phoenix (Adios, big dry gulch!), so I've done the drive recently; virtually the same to OC or El Lay...
    I see logic prevailed ....I wondered why you ever left OC... since OC is so gorgeous and the weather is fantastic.

Oh, and I still can't figure out how ya'll are making it in that time...took me 8 hrs to Long Beach..but I did make more than one stop, but still....

I can definitely make it in July. May is tricky for me as I'm out of the country for two weeks.

I also *might* be able to arrange use of a LIDAR scanner, if there is any possibility of getting permission to scan the 02 in order to provide an accurate 3D digital model of the body. With firm dates and more detail, I can check into it.

Speaking of, does anyone out there know of or have an existing 3D model of the Vehicross?

Hello Baldwin:

I won't be able to make any date in May but would highly recommend the trip as I went last time and really enjoyed it. Thanks for setting this up.

Baldwin:

I will be back in the country July 30th. Probably still going to miss it.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I can definitely make it in July. May is tricky for me as I'm out of the country for two weeks.

I also *might* be able to arrange use of a LIDAR scanner, if there is any possibility of getting permission to scan the 02 in order to provide an accurate 3D digital model of the body. With firm dates and more detail, I can check into it.

Speaking of, does anyone out there know of or have an existing 3D model of the Vehicross?
    Gonna try to make it in July. The scan is a great idea, but better if it's in the vault. But if it's in the vault, we'd need to pay $2500 unless I can get a waver. How much space do you need for the 3D camera?